Move over Aveda DR!! Mizani Kerafuse/Hydrafuse Review

Kurlee

So I used to love this stuff (AVEDA DR), despite the ridiculous price tag:drunk:. But I've been itching to try Mizani Kerafuse and Hydrafuse. SO i went to the BSS this morning to try.:rolleyes: ( I have a PJ problem)

I:
  • clarified with elucence clarifying
  • Used the http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=22&rid=300 custom treatment selector to decide the ratio my hair needed (my hair proteined out!!!, so i used a 3:1 (hydrafuse:kerafuse) witha touch of jojoba in the mix
  • sat under the dryer with a plastic cap for 30 mins
  • rinsed and my hair felt smooth yet strong. With aveda dr my hair felt the same way, but for some reason with this my hair seemed more fortified
  • I styled my hair and its soo smooth and soft, but stronger
All in all, I like this better than Aveda DR and its soooooo much cheaper. The 33oz bottle of hydrafuse was 25 and the kerafuse 16 oz was 30. Both are so creamy and rich and u only have to use a little. I love it and its easy to get my hands on:look:, well i had to go to the chinese bss cuz they sold it to me without a license. I went to another bss before that and i smelled and looked at the color to make sure what oi got was authentic. But they wouldn;t sell it to me. now if i could only get my hands on some mizani moisturefuse:drunk:

*Oh and i finally saw the lady velvet relaxer that DLewis uses. They had the product line, and their stuff looks really good.*:rolleyes:

Sigh***** The ramblings of a PJ............

Thanks for the review
I saw this the other day at my BSS they wanted 25 for the kerafuse but thats a lot of money lol

they did not have the hydrafuse

what did you mean the bss did'nt have a license?

The hydrafus eand kerafuse are meatnt for licensed stylist only, however the chinese bss let me buy it without one.

WOW...thanks for the review Kurlee! Now I have another reason to go by more products...I am such a junkie! :lachen:

Well it is certainly true that not everyone's hair will respond the same to certain products. Cause I started my haircare journey using nothing but Mizani, and I can testify that it gradually strengthened my hair, BUT it didnt offer me any type of softness nor detangling properties and i would still loose a good amt of hair while detangling, like Aveda did. And with Aveda, it was like an instant strenthener, not a gradual strengthener..... Glad Mizani worked for you! .... sad that Aveda is sooo expensive and is the only thing that works a miracle on my hair....

Thanx 4 The Review Kurlee:grin: I've Actually Just Converted Over To Mizani And When I Ran Out Of Some Of My Other Treatment Stuff,I Planned On Getting The Kerafuse/Hydrafuse Treatment.

jus make sure to use the custom blend spinny wheel on the website. SO u don't overload the protein. That protein is STRONG!

This is so ironic. I went to the BSS after work to return something but since I did not have the receipt, I could not get money back. This is the BSS store that is for licensed cosmos only. Well, since I had this credit, I decided to purchase the Mizani Kerafuse and Hydrafuse. The 33 oz bottle (Hydrafuse) was $16.98 and the 16 oz (Kerafuse) $10.98. These huge sizes will last me through eternity. I don't have a clue when I'm going to use them. Yes, I know that's really sad. I'm been thinking about getting a demi color 1-2 wks after my relaxer, so this may be the idea treatment to follow with. But who knows, cause I just love my Dom conds and Aveda products.

Last edited:
This is so ironic. I went to the BSS after work to return something but since I did not have the receipt, I could not get money back. This is the BSS store that is for licensed cosmos only. Well, since I had this credit, I decided to purchase the Mizani Kerafuse and Hydrafuse. The 33 oz bottle (Hydrafuse) was $16.98 and the 16 oz (Kerafuse) $10.98. These huge sizes will last me through eternity. I don't have a clue when I'm going to use them. Yes, I know that's really sad. I'm been thinking about getting a demi color 1-2 wks after my relaxer, so this may be the idea treatment to follow with. But who knows, cause I just love my Dom conds and Aveda products.

:wallbash: That is sooo cheap!

You are right Kurlee, that is cheap. I guess they are discounted for the professionals. It's good to have girlfriend that's licensed and kind enough to let me purchase under her number. I love Aveda, but I only use it every other week. It's what I call my "Home Salon Care".

Back