Motorized Scalp/Head Massager

Shaley

Anybody own one?

If so, can you recommend a certain brand?

I saw a few on Amazon.com but didn’t see a lot of reviews.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this…But I didn’t locate one.

Thanks!

I own one and I LOVE it!

I have this exact same one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorized-Hair-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

42_1.JPG

Very stimulating.

Last edited:
I was wondering about this very same thing, just yesterday I was looking at these. I did a search for them on ebay and wasn't sure it really worked or not so I just closed the page and moved back to the forum. So I'm interested to see what people think about them as well. One of the reviews I saw did say that with the one that looks like the spider legs, you really need someonelse to do it for you to get the best benefits out of it.

I purchased the HoMedics Quad Extreme Rechargeable Massager from Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5913224

It sells for a little over $14.00.

I own this one as well...just w/out the cool base stand. I've only had for a week but love..love...love it. All I have to do is move from one position to another on my head and the massager does the rest.

This thing REALLY vibrates. I can feel it in my jaws...ears...teeth...:grin:

I just have to be careful that I lift it when I move to the next spot on my head. At first I was just dragging it to the next spot, and it caught one of my hairs and pulled.

It was completely my fault - I was being lazy. The massager is doing the work for me and I didn't even want to lift the thing off my head :nono:

I was wondering about this very same thing, just yesterday I was looking at these. I did a search for them on ebay and wasn't sure it really worked or not so I just closed the page and moved back to the forum. So I'm interested to see what people think about them as well. One of the reviews I saw did say that with the one that looks like the spider legs, you really need someonelse to do it for you to get the best benefits out of it.

I have that one too. I don't like it as much as the motorized brush I have. It is just not as stimulating in my opinion. The brush is great and feels really good. You don't have to brush your hair down the length with it (although I do sometimes - I like cushion brushes).

Another option is the Neutrogena Wave. You are supposed to use it on your face. It vibrates just like my brush. I got one free during a promotion. HATED IT on my face, but I left off the cleansing pad and used that vibrating bad boy right on my scalp! I LOVE that one too. It is great when I don't feel like dealing with my brush.

300.jpg

OK, ok, I had one of these a while ago. Mine had red tips on it, after a while it started to feel like it was catching my hair so I got rid of it. I think I'm going to try this on though because I've been looking for something, and this will due.

It does not catch my hair, but I use cushion brushes regularly anyway. Combs snag my hair more for some reason.

I don't brush all the way down though.

I have the octopus type that you don't have to hold. You just slide it on and buzz around the house. :) I've fallen asleep with it on my head several times. :)

Last edited:
I have the octopus type that you don't have to hold. You just slide it on and buzz around the house. :) I've fallen asleep with it on my head several times. :)

I have that one but, I have to hold mine. I cannot just leave it on. :look: It would fall off, or slide down and touch my face, and I cannot get my crown area.

Maybe mine is bootleg. :look:

The tips are metal balls but they don't snag your hair.

I don't care for mine because I don't have much control over where I want to massage. Even though they move, there is still not much control.

Again, I was not able to really get my scalp freely with it. It feels good just for the sake of a massage, but it cannot get to all the section of my scalp for the sake of scalp stimulation to support hair growth.

It was my first one and I used it for a year before I moved on to something that gave me a little more control, and I noticed a difference.

Anyway, I do think this one will work well if you have big hair because it can really get to the scalp. It your hair is straightened, like mine, you can use others things and still get to the scalp.

Last edited:
The tips are metal balls but they don't snag your hair.

I don't care for mine because I don't have much control over where I want to massage. Even though they move, there is still not much control.

Again, I was not able to really get my scalp freely with it. It feels good just for the sake of a massage, but it cannot get to all the section of my scalp for the sake of scalp stimulation to support hair growth.

It was my first one and I used it for a year before I moved on to something that gave me a little more control, and I noticed a difference.

Anyway, I do think this one will work well if you have big hair because it can really get to the scalp. It your hair is straightened, like mine, you can use others things and still get to the scalp.

I think I may give the brush a try... You said it was very stimulating, right? More stimulating to the scalp rather than the spider leg ones?

I think I may give the brush a try... You said it was very stimulating, right? More stimulating to the scalp rather than the spider leg ones?

In my opinion, yes. And I could move around more - Get to the area behind my ears, my crown, everywhere. Sent chills down my spine! :yep:

NOTE: don't get the waterproof one they sell. :rolleyes: Only the handle on that one vibrates and it is shaped for some uh, "other" kind of stimulation. :look:

I have one similar to this, except mine is called a Ting Ting. I make sure my hair is in a low ponytail or bun to keep it in place. I must agree with Honeydew with it not being able to reach everywhere you'd like it to. And, yes, it massages-- but I bought it for scalp stimulation, not tingling ears and goosebumps :grin:!!! I was debating on the brush-like one or this one for a few days, and Ting Ting won. I guess I'll be heading back on-line to get the brush one, now.

Back