Motions Silkening Shine Box Relaxer- who has tried it?

shai_butta

I can't say I've had a lot of experience with relaxers. Ive been using Just For Me for 15 years with pretty good results. For some reason the mere idea of an adult using a child perm annoyed my friends so I tried three other relaxers at varying times and always came back to Just For Me. I tried one called Optimum years ago that gave me HORRIBLE results because it made my hair feel dry and brittle (That was the first time I ever seen my hair look a dry fried mess :nono: ). Then more recently I tried Soft & Beautiful, only because I figured since its made by the same company as JFM it couldnt be that bad. It was okay but again a bit more drying.
A week ago I tried Motions Silkening Shine box perm because it promised 85% less breakage than other no-lye relaxers and had a pretty box (im only human :yep: ). I'm a newbie (its my first thread post, yay!) but ive lurked enough on these forums to have heard some of the negative things about some Motions relaxers but this was AMAZING. Apparently its a new relaxer with a new formula or something but it uses a pre-relaxer treatment step to protect previously relaxed hair which is what I liked about the JFM. Its also got a ton of natural oils in each step so my hair never felt dry. It actually felt strong and moisturized. Unfortunately it also uses a lot of cones and mineral oil which my hair hates but since I washed em out this weekend its all good. Next time I'll probably use my own follow up DC and leave in.

Has anyone else used that Motions Silkening Shine and can you compare it to anything else you've used? Im on a growth mission and I don't want to jump around with trying out relaxers too much and have a setback, but I also want to know if anyone knows of another No-Lye box relaxer that can give me similar results to this Motions one for less or better results period?

I've been waiting on someone to post about this ever since i saw it in the BX a couple weeks ago.net

I can't tell you for another couple of weeks when I relax again. I've already purchased it...just waiting to use it. I will be comparing it to my ORS relaxer results because my hair loves that relaxer.

I no longer relax my hair, but when I did, I used Soft & Beautiful Botanicals. But to be perfectly honest, if JFM worked for you just fine then continue to use it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with continuing to use kiddie perm if it worked great- as a matter of fact, the only difference in kiddie perms is marketing. Many are actually stronger than adult relaxers with regards to pH. You can also coat your previously relaxed ends with conditioner to help minimize exposure and prevent overprocessing damage.

Used it on Sunday and I was using it to texlax for the first time. It was ok. But I don't think I will be trying it again. Maybe its because I was using it to texlax but...to me...my hair still feels dry but I'm a 4c too. So yeah...that's about it. Didn't like it.

Back