Motions regular- will it work??

Integrity

Damn! I got myself a whole 4lb of the stuff (Motions Regular Lye) and later heard type 4s complaining that the thing does not take. However since my last relaxer my roots feel very very loose (s type curls). this maybe due to the vitamins OR the scurl i spray or a combination, i dunno. i dont want to waste my money and throw out the relaxer.

question is, are there type 4s out there that Motions has worked on your hair? I think I am a 2c now at the roots. Are you a type 2 or 3 head who has had excellent results with Motions. Finally is it ok to leave the relaxer on for a few more minutes if, after the recommended time the roots are still wavy???

Any succes stories with Motions, anyone? please let me know plus your hair type. Thanks ladies!

i've used motions regular versions (meaning NOT the oil moisturizer kind) with success. I think what most ladies here are beefing about is the oil moisturizing relaxer. It left many here with very underprocessed hair. Personally, I'm just too pissed to even go back and give motions relaxers any time now.

I have very fine hair myself, but my texture is mostly 4a, a patch of 4b and 2 patches of 3b/c. The motions oil worked fine on the 3 section but the 4's looked like nothing ever touched it. I used it in mild strength because i have such fine stranded hair.

I think it would work just fine for you. And it is NOT advised that you leave the relaxer in for more than 25-30 minutes, so i wouldn't go over that time if i was you. I remember when the she-devil at the salon used to leave super in my hair for 40mins, this is why my ends are wrecked!! (I didn't even know better... sad sad sad)

I have fine 4b hair and Motions Oil is the best for me. I find it gentler than Affirm and more readyly available. I love it b/cos it is truely moisturising, I've used it for my four last touch ups and I didn't burn at all. It leaves my hair with body not that limp I just got a touch up look.

If you have resistant hair or if you like your hair bone bone straight, this may not be the product for u. if on the other hand u have a sensitive scalp and your hair processes easily this product may be a God send. Also choose the right strength. If u have coarse hair don't even bother with the mild. You can ask Tracy and Caramela, they use this product with sucess too.

I used this twice and didn't have any problems with it. I think my last touch up turned out better than the first time. I used the Motions Oil Mild and always start with the most resistance area first. I'm like Free2bme, I'm not looking for Bone Straight hair. Usually around 6 - 8 wks my hair seems to be screaming for a touch up but that's been with any relaxer. I just keep it moisturized with activator if it seems too thick.

I think your hair will do just fine with Motions Lye Regular on your hair type. Although I do have to admit that the Motions Oil Mild Relaxer didn't work two weeks ago. I didn't want to give up on Motions because I don't like to waste money and I had already bought the shampoo, conditioner and the the whole works of motions products. Assuming that this relaxer would be more gentle for my hair. Anyway yesterday my hair was relaxed with the Motions Lye Regular on my 4A/B hair type and it turned out just beautiful. Although I may try Affirm once all my Motions products are gone. Being that it is one of the relaxers everyone speak so highly on.

Back