Motions product lovers... holla at me!

KinksnCurlz

Since i LOVEEEEE the kids shampoo, i really would like to try the entire line. These r the products that I caught my eye:

Lavish Conditioning Shampoo
Moisture Plus Conditioner
Oil Moisturizer Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner
Foaming Wrap Lotion
Nourish Leave-In
at Home Hair and Scalp Conditioner

Do you use any of these? On a scale of 1-10 how would u rate each? How do your hair feel afterwards? Also, add on to my list and let me know what you think i should buy. Basically, all i care about when using new products is slip (during shampooing and final rinse) and movement (h8 products that weigh my hair down).

TIA
Honee

Last edited:
I use the Oil Moisterizer Silk Protien conditioner; I love the slip that it gives and it is good for the new growth :) . The only problem is that it leaves my hair feeling coated after I use it for awhile, so I have to clarify a little more often. On a scale of 1-10, it would get about an 8 (I would give it a 10, but you know, the coating issue...)The lavish conditoining shampoo is okay... I don't see how it is different from any other shampoo. It would get about a 5 or 6, it's average, not outstanding. The Nourish Leave in did nothing for my hair... I might as well have just sprayed it with water :look: ...but a lot of ladies on the board like it, so I would try it for myself if I were you. I won't even rate that one. :lol:

Hope I helped a little. :D

Last edited:
I used this a couple of times, but it just didn't do anything special for my hair, so I ended up selling it. I'd give it a 3 at best.
Not a bad conditioner, but I don't use it too often because of the mineral oil content. Left my hair pretty soft. I'd rate it a 5 1/2.
Great stuff, but again, only use every now and then due to the mineral oil. Leaves my hair super soft and silky!!! Great for mild protein!!! Amazing slip!!!! Definite 8 1/2!!!

HTH!!
:) :)

miracle said:
I used this a couple of times, but it just didn't do anything special for my hair, so I ended up selling it. I'd give it a 3 at best.
Not a bad conditioner, but I don't use it too often because of the mineral oil content. Left my hair pretty soft. I'd rate it a 5 1/2.
Great stuff, but again, only use every now and then due to the mineral oil. Leaves my hair super soft and silky!!! Great for mild protein!!! Amazing slip!!!! Definite 8 1/2!!!

HTH!!
:) :)

I agree with the ratings above for the Moisture Plus Conditioner and Motions Oil Moisturizer Silk Protein. I've never tried the shampoos. I use Mastey Traite.

I've used:
Motions Salon Herbals Reg Relaxer (a cool 10 out of 10 on this one for me):thumbsup:
CPR Con (9.5 out of 10 for me) :up:

Ashee said:
I've used:
Motions Salon Herbals Reg Relaxer (a cool 10 out of 10 on this one for me):thumbsup:
CPR Con (9.5 out of 10 for me) :up:

:yep: ITA, I LOVE the Herbals Relaxer! 10 out of 10 for me too! I'll try other products in that line AFTER i use up some goodies I've got over flowing from my cabinet(s).

CPR Con get's a 8 out of 10.

Lavish Poo - 7/10 - A decent shampoo, leaves my hair soft
Nourish Leave in - 7/10 - I use this when I'm in braids to keep my hair strong
CPR Conditioner - 9/10 - I like this product! I forgot about this and will get some when I go to the BSS! A good, mild protein

I definitely have to try the Silk Protein Conditioner... I've read too many raves about this one!

Last edited:

Lavish-7 out of 10. Nice but nothing special
Moisture Plus Conditioner Also 7 out of 10. Just found better products
Silk Protein-Big staple 9 out of 10
CPR-Also a big staple 9.5 out of 10 because it stops shedding for me

Motions Herbal Shampoo...love this I would say 9 out of 10 also.

I love the Motions Salon Herbal Relaxer, along with the shampoo and conditioner. I also liked the CPR Treatment when I used it. I have just recently discovered the Kerecare shampoo and Humecto. I will always come back to the Motions Salon Herbals. I do like the Motions styling gel also.

Motions products that I loved:

Motions Nourish leave-in Conditioner
Motions At Home Hair Lotion Oil Moisturizer
Motions Anti-Breakage Lotion Oil Moisturizer
Motions Salon Herbals Oil Sheen Spray
Motions Neutralizing Shampoo
Motions Lavish Shampoo

I've tried a few of their products and the ones that worked for me are Oil Moisturizer Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner this stuff gives great slip! Smells great and is a really nice lite protein, I had so-so results with the
Foaming Wrap Lotion, it gave good hold but kind of dried out my hair it does have alcohol in it. I've tried the moisturizing hair lotion but I hated it:( , it smelled gross like fish and it was too heavy and greasy for me.

I really like this product line. Their shampoo's are gentle and they don't leave your hair DRY. I've used the following

Lavish poo 8/10
CPR protein poo 10/10
Neutralizing poo 8/10
CPR conditioner 9/10
Sik protein 8/10
Moisture Plus Conditioner 6/10 (not my favorite conditioner)

Lavish Conditioning Shampoo :up: 8/10

Moisture Plus Conditioner :up: :up: 10/10

Oil Moisturizer Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner :up: :up:
9/10

Foaming Wrap Lotion :down: 0/10 (made my hair very dry) :sad:
Oil Moisturizer Relaxer :down: (under-relaxed)
Neutralizing Shampoo :up: 8/10
Nourish Leave-In (never used it)
at Home Hair and Scalp Conditioner (never used it)

Last edited:
Back