Motions Oil Moisturizer Silk Protein Conditioner

inthepink

I'm wondering if anyone has used this product and what the results have been. One main thing missing from my regimen is a conditioner with protein. I'm considering choosing this one b/c it doesn't seem as strong has a reconstructor like Aphogee. I'm kind of afraid of something too strong but I would like to add some form of protein.

If you've used this product, how did you use it? Did you apply and leave on with heat or just apply and rinse? Did you comb through with it? On Sally's website, it also says it's ok to leave on overnight - has anyone done this also? Since it's moisturizing, would I still need to follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner? How many times a month would be safe?

Thanks in advance!

Is this something new on the Motions line? I know they have a moisture oil shampoo but I only know of 2 Motions conditioners and that's CPR (protein conditioner) and moisture plus conditoner. I've never heard of the moisture oil silk protein conditioner.

I've used the conditioner and I like it. Sometimes I use it right after a relaxer. I use it with a heat cap. It leaves my hair soft.
smile.gif

Re: Motions Oil Moisturizer Silk Protein Condition

This conditioner is bomb-a-licious
smile.gif

I always keep some on hand. When I use it, I leave it on with a plastic cap for up to an hour without heat. You do not need to follow it with a moisturizing conditioner. Sometimes I like to follow it with a hot oil treatment just for extra conditioning and moisture. This conditioner will leave your hair moisturized and strong. The consistency of it is great
up.gif
--I can't say enough about this conditioner.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
This conditioner is bomb-a-licious
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bomb-a-licious ... lol
laugh.gif
... well that's a way to put it. I think this conditioner is really good. I have also used the shampoo. I usually put ona plastic cap and sit under the dryer too. My hair loves this stuff.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Ballet Bun,

I didn't know there was a shampoo too! Tell me more...Is it good?

This conditioner is great! But I can only do it once a month, or it makes my hair really dry. But the first time I used it, my hair felt like silk!

Since you can use it as a leave-in does that mean that it's a very light protein?

soulchild - that's my guess! I couldn't imagine them suggesting that it's ok to leave in overnight if it was a hardcore protein treatment.

Thanks for the reviews and Supergirl, your bomb-a-licious comment has me ready to go out and buy this right now! (But I'll wait till tomorrow!)
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Ballet Bun,

I didn't know there was a shampoo too! Tell me more...Is it good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello again SUPERGIRL,

The POO is called " Motions Oil Moisturizer Moisture Creme Neutralizing Shampoo" There's a picture of it in my album now, under September purchases.

My hair was nicely detangled after using this. I like it better than Creme Of Nature now. It didn't seem to strip my hair of any moisture and it felt silky after using it. If you try it, it would be fun to hear what you think of it!!!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Oh MAN! I have to look through your September purchases????????? Hmmm...I'll report back when I'm finished --next year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Oh MAN! I have to look through your September purchases????????? Hmmm...I'll report back when I'm finished --next year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
:D
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now ... keep in mind i tried to buy enough to last me for a year ,, and I had fun doing it too. This wasn't just a PJ Spending Spree ... ok... maybe it was a little ... lol!!!

If you look at the September purchases, take a look at the Vanilla Shea butter Poo and CON. This stuff makes my hair feel like ... uhhhh ... I can't even describe it. And the smell ... hmmm - hmmm- hmmmmmm! You wanna talk about "bomb-a-licious" ....
clap.gif
drunk.gif
clap.gif
drunk.gif

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Wow--I've never heard of Vanilla Shea Butter Shampoo. That sounds great. Where can I find that?

I love this conditioner
smile.gif
... In fact, it's my fav protein conditioner
smile.gif
(I luv most of the Motions line
wink.gif

- Anywho, I try to use it 2x mthly.
- Most of the time, I'll warm it a bit (slightly warmer than room temp), apply it throughout sections at a time, then cover with a conditioning cap. I'll leave it on for several hrs or even overnight then rinse in the A.M.. When I was relaxed, I would use it with my hooded dryer with beautiful results
smile.gif
. I may go back to that routine once the weather dips.
- I may or may not comb through. It depends on how lazy I am
ohwell.gif
. However, if I do comb through, it's after allowing the conditioner to penetrate for say 15-30 mins. The comb through is effortless then
smile.gif

- For the most part, I don't follow up with a moisturizing conditioner... Silk Protein is very moisturizing in itself
smile.gif
. If I'm being conditioner happy
laugh.gif
, then I'll follow up with Motions Moisture Plus for a silky smooth finish
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I'm wondering if anyone has used this product and what the results have been. One main thing missing from my regimen is a conditioner with protein. I'm considering choosing this one b/c it doesn't seem as strong has a reconstructor like Aphogee. I'm kind of afraid of something too strong but I would like to add some form of protein.

If you've used this product, how did you use it? Did you apply and leave on with heat or just apply and rinse? Did you comb through with it? On Sally's website, it also says it's ok to leave on overnight - has anyone done this also? Since it's moisturizing, would I still need to follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner? How many times a month would be safe?

Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]
hairlove, did u notice that there were 2 conditioners? one is a oil mosturizer moisture silk protein and the other is the one you mentioned. Seem like they offer different benefits. Check it out. I think I'm gonna try that moisture one after i use all my cpr i just bought friday
smile.gif
Never can have to many hair goodies
grin.gif
wink.gif

Wow. I didnt think it was great at all and was just trying to get through my tub. I think I'll try it with heat so it can be "bomb-a-licious" for me too. *jealous stare*

hairlove,

i've been using this product for a long time now and i think i recommended it here before cause i think it's great. i usually use it twice a month right after clarifying my hair. then i leave it on for like 5-10 minutes and rinse. what i like about this conditioner is that it's a protein conditioner but it also moisturizes. afterwards my hair is always very soft, shiny and sooo easy to comb. it's one of my staples.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Wow--I've never heard of Vanilla Shea Butter Shampoo. That sounds great. Where can I find that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it at a healthfood store, so you can try there first. This is the website listed on the back of the bottle: www.modedeviebodycare.com

You can call Nature's Bin in Cleveland Heights Ohio. I think that's where I got it. Maybe they would be willing to do a mail order for you. It doesn't have a lot chemiclas and other junk in it either. When you put the CON in your fingers it's smooth and silky, and once again ... it just smells like heaven too!!!!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

The vanilla shea butter shampoo sounds wonderful...I must try it!

I have relaxed, 4b, fine hair.

3-5 minutes with the Motions protein conditioner in the shower turned my hair into tangled barbed wire! The combout washn't fun. It was so hard and dry looking even after I tried to moisturize that when I went to the salon to buy a moisturizing conditioner the next day, my stylist saw me from across the room and scolded me for using "too much protein".
frown.gif
He remembered it and scolded me again at my next touchup 4 weeks later.
cry3.gif
Whatever. It was just 3-5 minutes, man.

Some of my coarse-haired friends are Motions girls, but I'm not in the club.
whyme.gif

I have used this also and I think it is pretty good.
what are some good moisturizing conditioners to follow a protein condtion?
confused.gif

Sorry it didn't work for you, Megon! Maybe it has something to do with having fine hair?
I'm going to give it a try. I think my hair is medium textured...we'll see how it goes.
Thanks everyone...the shea butter shampoo sounds good, I remember seeing that somewhere else...

Back