Motions Oil Moisturizer Relaxer

Tonya

Ok I have ladies...
Id this texturizer? I used this for my last relaxer and I am not pleased whatsoever. My new growth is still wavy it looks just lkike it did before I relaxed...ok here is my confession I was a bad girl...my hair was so thick at the roots I waited 2 weeks and relaxed again with the regular formula nd nothing!!! It still looks like new growth and i have like 2 1/2 to 3 inches it looks really bad. What can I do to fix this? I take it Motuions is not the product for me I just do nto know what to do. My hair always got straight with no lye....do u guys think maybe my hair will nto take lye perms? I said I was just gonna wear it curly but my sets look puffy because of my groth and my braid out does nto look to hot right now either. I was wearing a drawstring ponytail and it seems to be my only optin. Any suggestions...any input? /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I have my first date in a while tonight and i have to do somehting to my hair because I want to look cute.

I like gel in those situations. It makes my new growth look wavy. I love doing that! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And what's wrong with the drawtring ponytail?? I think those are cute, too. Do you have a curly one? Loose curls pinned high up are sexy too. That's why I love the power of tracks. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I wore one for the last week but....my head is big...I get self conscious...the hair looks wavy for a minute then it starts looking nappy to me...I think i justr liek straight hair...My new growth is coming in so thick that there is a big difference in my hair... it is 2 textures and it looks bad /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Hey Tonya,

I'm sorry to hear that the perms didn't take well. I don't know how you feel about heat and wearing your hair straight, but I don't think there's anything wrong with occassionally using a flat iron (w/out the use of blow dryers preferably) on a very low setting. If I were in you situation, I would condition and air dry my hair (or under the bonnet dryer) in pony tail sections. Once dry, I would flat iron it (allowing the iron to press the roots, and then lightly glide it down the rest of the hair). Once done, I would use rollers (like caruso, or electric rollers) to give curls to the ends. If you don't have these, then you could bump the ends with the flat iron.

But if you prefer no heat at all, I'm sure the ladies can help you out with suggestions as well!

T

tc is right. Flat irons are really good too. My hair has a tendency to curl up if I don't put any heat on it, but it'll straighten out if flat iron it and use the right product on it. Personally, I prefer a heavy grease, because light grease and products don't do anything for my thick, curly hair and it won't rid the curls.

So, maybe try flat ironing it, and then if that's not enough, add curls to it! Curl it all over and use a nice holding spray, if you prefer. And there are ways that you can frame your face with the curls so that you can disguise the new growth in the front that may be plagueing you. Swoop some curls over to one side, and add some height at the top, so that it isn't flat. If it's flat, then it will be easier to see the new growth, considering that new growth has a tendency to stand up on its own. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Tonya,

I think Adrienne would be the perfect one to ask about the lye/no lye issue because she was a no lye user if I'm not mistaken. Of course hair types are different so I'll leave the issue alone before I say something wrong. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I use Motions Oil with no problem but once again my hair is on the fine side.... as you've heard me whine about.

Now the flat irons REALLY help me - but not the regular sized one. I swear by the mini one. You know that I'm doing my flexi rod challenges right now but when I was wearing my hair straight, I would dry using the ponytail method which helped the roots and when my hair was dry, I would flat iron the roots ONLY. The mini size allows you to get the roots really good. You can do the strands but I didn't really need to because I would use caruso steam rollers for a little curl.

Anyway, that might be a temporary solution until you can figure out the deal with the relaxer.

And another thing... don't you DARE relax so close together again or you and I will go toe to toe
box.gif

ok pMICHEAL...SORRY /images/graemlins/blush.gif.
I was doing the curly thing too I have bigger looser curls but all I do is finger comb and this is how i wish to wear it but it is so darn thick at the roots. Between now and 5 o.clock I will decide between picking up a drawstring ponyatil on my way home or flat ironing my roots when I get home. It is gonna be cold out tonight so my best route will probaly be the ponytail. I can really see a difference in my hair though and I am impresses but me nad these too wavy roots are not gonna get along. Thanks ladies.

Hi Tonya,
I'm sooooo glad you post your review of the Motion relaxer. I was considering using it too, but was hesitant because I used the regular one a few years ago and I didn't like it. Now I know for sure that I'm not going to try it again. Anywho, I've been having the same problem with underprocessed hair too. I got this link from someone on here on suggestions about how to correct it.

http://www.angelfire.com/journal/nutrients/relaxer.html#norelax

Last night, I relaxed a small portion of my hair as a test to see if it works, and although my hair didn't come out the way I hope, it was still much better than it was previously. I will be doing my touch-up next week and that will be the "real" test. HTH. BTW, I hope you enjoy your date /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The treatment u are speaking of is washign your hair 2 days before? I did this and it still did not work. I am scared to relax again so I am gonna hev to find somehting to do with my nappy hair...well it is not nappy it is just 2 textures...wavy and thick and thin and staright. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yep, that's the one I was talking about. Plese don't tell me it didn't work for you!!! I was soooooo counting on it to work for me because I have the 2 textures going on as well and I'm sick of it!!! I never realized how much I miss being able to wrap my hair. That's the main reason I've been sporting a ponytail for the last 5 or so months cause nothing else looks right unless I use a lot of heat /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yes maam that is what I did...BUT..it could just be the relaxer because this is a new perm for me and usually my hair always takes the relaxer so we will just hope that it is just the way my hair reacts to this relaxer. I know what u mean I love doing my roller sets ...I one now but it is puiffy at the roots because my new growth is soft wavy new growth and it does not look like I like it to. So I guess I will be wearing ponytails and wavy hair for awhile til I can relax again. I do not know what Lye relaxer to try next I hate to go back to no lye but If I do nto find one....I know it will not be motions anything. /images/graemlins/mad.gifI am very unhappy with their relaxers and they burn like crazy even if I did not scrath and I based really good too. Oh well let me know if u hear of anythign other than affirm for a lye relaxer. I thought about Designer Touch or Elasta QP.

Sorry you didn't have any good luck with the Motions Oil. I have 4a/b hair and I used it for the first time about 2-3 weeks ago and had no problem. Since it was my first time using a Lye Relaxer I bought the Mild. I didn't even have any burning. This goes to show everyones hair is different. Good luck with you next relaxer and I'm sure you will look great for your date. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i wanted to try this brand or design essentials for my next relaxer since i have heard so many good things about it. i will be using regular since i have heard some people who texturize use the mild and my hair is 4a/b as well and it needs a higher strength to acheive straightness. so i will be checking into this. God bless you all.

Back