Motions Mango Butter=Awful substitute for E.QP Butter

LawyerBarbie07

I purchased the Motions Mango Butter today from Sallys because I couldn't find a single tub of beloved EQP Mango Butter.

I used it when I got home and my hair feels like straw. I read the ingredients on the back (which I didn't do before I left Sallys like usual because I assumed that Motions "Herbal" line would actually be HERBAL) and the second ingredient is Mineral Oil followed by a variety of cones.

Two thumbs down for this one!

Yeah, I thought this stuff was trash also. I found the sheen spray in this line to be good though, very concentrated.

LawyerBarbie07 said:
I purchased the Motions Mango Butter today from Sallys because I couldn't find a single tub of beloved EQP Mango Butter.

I used it when I got home and my hair feels like straw. I read the ingredients on the back (which I didn't do before I left Sallys like usual because I assumed that Motions "Herbal" line would actually be HERBAL) and the second ingredient is Mineral Oil followed by a variety of cones.

Two thumbs down for this one!

EQP Mango Butter is no joke. Take it back. Sallys will take back used items that you're not happy with whether or not you have the receipt. I just found this out the other day.

leleepop said:
Does anyone know of a substitute for this product without cones?

Yes, I bought Aura Cacia Mango Butter from Whole Foods a few weeks ago. I find it to be much lighter than shea butter and nice for days when I want to wear my hair down but it doesn't make my hair shine. I have to add another light oil to it for shine. It is good for sealing in moisture. Other added bonuses are the scent is heavenly and it's cone-free.

The ingredients are: Mangifera Indica (Mango) seed butter, Glycine max (Soybean) wax, cetyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Hydroxylated soy lecithin, citrus sinensis (sweet orange) oil, natural fruit aromas, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarine orange) oil.

Bronzedmuse said:
Yes, I bought Aura Cacia Mango Butter from Whole Foods a few weeks ago. I find it to be much lighter than shea butter and nice for days when I want to wear my hair down but it doesn't make my hair shine. I have to add another light oil to it for shine. It is good for sealing in moisture. Other added bonuses are the scent is heavenly and it's cone-free.

The ingredients are: Mangifera Indica (Mango) seed butter, Glycine max (Soybean) wax, cetyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Hydroxylated soy lecithin, citrus sinensis (sweet orange) oil, natural fruit aromas, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarine orange) oil.
Thanks!:) (added to my list)

Thanks Fedora! I'm taking that trash back TOMMOROW. I found the amazing EQP Butter today at my local BSS. I had looked before and not seen it, but I actually asked this time and they had been keeping it behind the counter because folks have been stealing it like hot cakes!! SMH...lol

I tried so hard to like Elasta QP Mango Butter, but it made my hair feel dry. Smelled delish, though. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the Motions version. What is up with so many companies loading their products with mineral oil and cones? All that mess isn't even necessary.

I was going to do a post about this the other day and now I wish that I had and maybe you would have saved your money. I went to Sally's because they are closer to my house and I wanted to head home to workout but I was out of EQP Mango Butter and my hair needs that!!!! So here I am in Sally's pissed that they don't have it and I try to see if I can find a substitute. I see motions has mango butter and the 2nd ingredient was mineral oil and I put that down. Then I saw another company's brand and its 2nd ingredient was mineral oil,in fact mango seed was like 5th on the list!!!!!!
Girl I had to drive another 10 minutes to get my EQP.....I know what it does for my natural hair and boy nothing can compare. I was about to purchase Scurl but its something about knowing a product works for you and wanting to have it. I brought 2 containers of it....

Now you mention you buy tubs is that a big case of it because I do need something bigger than the little containersd that I have I use it 2 times a day and that mess is not cheap to keep repurchasing.

Nope, nothing bigger just that tiny tub they sell...I knnnnoow how you feel about the size. I used my new container tonight and I was trying to dab out just enough to not make a dent in it...lol. Its 5.99 per tub up here and I should have gotten more than one when I went instead of being cheap, I may go back and just stock up all at once to get it over with...:lol:

thicknlong said:
Hey you guys whats so good about mango butter ? Is it light ? Provides shine ? What is it ?

For me it's that its very light and makes my hair very soft. My hair DRINKS moisture because its pretty protein heavy most of the time and this keeps it feeling soft. I use Coconut oil for shine

It does it all for me, shine, softness, its light, smells good, and keeps it moisturized. I usually seal w/coconut or castor oil as well...it lasts me a while b/c you don't have to use very much. I ran out 2 weeks ago, but was too lazy to go to the store to get more. So I started using Mizani H2O Rose , and it made my hair dry and brittle...it would look good at first but throughout the day it just dried out, and it was actually starting to break a little...Well luckily I replenished my Mango Butter and as soon as I put it on I swear I heard my hair sigh!!

Back