Motions Herbal line

Chaya

If I must say Motions herbal line is really good. I am not usually a big fan of Motions. I hated their shampoo and although I used to use their condition many years ago, it ceases to do anything for my hair. Last week I tried the Herbal conditioner and /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gifIt was great! I provided slip and so much moisture and shine. THere is no protein /images/graemlins/clap.gifI absolutely loved it and it smelled great. This week I tried the Shampoo and mango butter conditioning headress. Mind you I HATE ELASTA QP mango butter. But the shampoo was moisturizing and detangled my sweated out hair, that is so hard to detangle. I put the mango butter on my wet hair and bunned it up. My hair was so shiney and soft. I cant wait to try it again. It getts 2 thumbs up from me!

I also like the motions herbal line. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've been wondering why it hasn't been mentioned more often on the boards /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Its probably not all that popular yet. I would not have used it if my stylist hadnt used it first or if my sister hadnt gotten the shampoo and headress free at some give away she went to. I think they are great and will purchase them in the future. The shampoo is affordable and it works on my 3c/4a hair very well.

I just recently purchased the mango butter and I like it better then the elasta qp mango butter. It seems more moisturizing to me. I also like the relaxer. I just started using it and so far so good. Chaya, which conditioner are you using from ther herbal line?

Today I purchased the Motions Salon Herbals Enhancing Oil Sheen Spray, because I needed "something" on my hair, and my hair is so finicky about oils. I read the ingredients and was impressed that I didn't notice any mineral oil.

I sprayed it on my hair (its a pump spray smells pretty good too.) My hair was totally transformed to shiny, soft, and silky. I wrapped it afterwards so I will see how it is in the morning. So far so good though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I started a thread on this about a week ago...my stylist used the relaxer form my last touchup. So far so good...he usually uses Motions Regular w/ Lye or Aloetrix Yellow when he can get it...

[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:
I just recently purchased the mango butter and I like it better then the elasta qp mango butter. It seems more moisturizing to me. I also like the relaxer. I just started using it and so far so good. Chaya, which conditioner are you using from ther herbal line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the mango butter is very moisturizing. I absolutely used to hate Elasta QP mango butter. It was so sticky and thick. It was so heavy and did absolutely nothing for my hair. Motions herbal however, was very moisturizing and light and added shine and made my hair extra soft and silky. Im not sure about the motions herbal conditioner. I thought there was only one on the herbal line. I dont know the exact name because I am at work right now. But I really like it and I LOVE the shampoo. It detangles my hair like a charm!

12/21/04 I got my hair relaxed at a Dominican salon with the Motions Herbal lye relaxer in either mild or regular (not sure which). The neutralizer is a conditioner, not a shampoo. The containers are bright green.

I was in a hurry to correct the botched PCJ self relaxer that I'd done 2 weeks earlier. My hair was in a 2 week old rollerset straight style, so it was easy for the stylist to section through the 3 partitions and apply the relaxer. UNLIKE with Affirm and PCJ, the stylist didn't have to rip through the new growth with this chemical. Either it's stronger and more effective than what I've tried before or the underprocessed new growth was already weakened by the PCJ.

I got a relaxer and a wrap -- no blow drying AT ALL.

Since Motions is present everywhere, I might try this at home next self-relaxer attempt. Between now and then I'm going to use MNT conditioner to add protein and strength to my hair.

i want to try some of the products from the motions herbal line. but i dont wanna become a PJ so im waiting until i use up most of my products before trying new ones. ;)

i totally hate the smell of elasta qp mango butter and it gives me headaches. Its just too strong. I might have to try some of the herbal line stuff

For those that have used the Motions Herbal relaxer, does it contain little bits of herbs/wood in it like Motions CPR and some other herbal-like products? If it does, does it make it difficult to rinse the relaxer out?

Cindy70 said:
For those that have used the Motions Herbal relaxer, does it contain little bits of herbs/wood in it like Motions CPR and some other herbal-like products? If it does, does it make it difficult to rinse the relaxer out?
No it does not contain bits of herbs- it's just plain white and creamy.

Back