Motions for kids SUCKS

BrEE

it really does. ok here's the story.i've been using beautiful beginnings no lye relaxer for as long as i can remember which is a kid's relaxer (i'm 19). but after reading all the bad stuff about no lye relaxers i decided to change to motions kids relaxer which is lye and let me tell you, that junk is garbage. it burned like heck. it's a kids relaxer that's for fine/normal hair so i thought it would be really gentle cause beautiful beginnings NEVER burned. i get a relaxer every 4 months so i have alot of new growth and my hair itches alot, so i scratch it, even though im not suppose to. but this has never been a problem before. but this motions garbage burned like i dont know what.i dont see why this is a kid's product cause if im 19 and got teary eyed due to all the pain i couldnt even imagine how a little kid would feel. and thats not it, a WHOLEEEEE lot of hair came out. i was absolutely shocked. i've never seen that much hair come out before. it was a handful, i kid you not. so i'm guessing LYE AINT ALWAYS RIGHT. cause my beautiful beginnings did such a beautiful job. even though my hair went through all that trauma though it doesnt look bad or thin . i honestly thought i would have like 2 strands of hair sticking out of my pony tail.well i guess i learned my lesson.i'll stick to what works from now on, you know what i dont even think i want relaxers anymore after that experience.

girl i know what you mean, when i first started learning about how to care for my hair i had read about lye relaxers and was tempted to switch from my kiddee relaxer to a lye relaxer but after seeing the results my sister got i had to stay away from lye. technically lye is more moisturizing and gentler on the hair but as with anything it all depends on the individual. i'm sorry your experience wasn't goodl; but lucky for all of who take chances with our hair it does grow back....

Back