Motions CPR

Has anyone here ever tried the Motions CPR recipe for hair breakage that is advertised in the Jet Magazine and on their website (rinse and condition your hair every 4th day for 30 days) if so please share your experience good or bad I was thinking about doing it...

I haven't used it as advertised, but I've always wondered if anyone was successful with it.

Just to add, I've used CPR for a month as my follow poo conditioner... it helped to keep my (then relaxed) hair nice & strong
cool.gif

Greetings, its ironic I just used this conditioner today. I have been experiencing a lot of breakage over the last few months and I've used all types of deep conditioners that were not working. I used CPR in the past with good results, but had to stop because I used it so much that my hair became brittle and would break anyway. Tonight I was so sick of feeling my hair break, and I remembered I hadn't used CPR in at least 6 mos, I thought I;d try it and almost immediately my hair stopped breaking. I could even comb through my entire head and no problems. so I highly recommend it BUT I would only start using it about once per week for about a month, and then drop down to once per month. Like I said, you will clearly see a difference, and your hair will likely grow faster because of it, but if you use it non-stop you will only end up with more breakage. Also, make sure to do a moisturizing condtioning rinse after you use it since CPR is a protein based conditioner. Tonight I used the Garnier Fructis, and Mane & Moisturizing Conditioner. Hope this helps.

Greetings, its ironic I just used this conditioner today. I have been experiencing a lot of breakage over the last few months and I've used all types of deep conditioners that were not working. I used CPR in the past with good results, but had to stop because I used it so much that my hair became brittle and would break anyway. Tonight I was so sick of feeling my hair break, and I remembered I hadn't used CPR in at least 6 mos, I thought I;d try it and almost immediately my hair stopped breaking. I could even comb through my entire head and no problems. so I highly recommend it BUT I would only start using it about once per week for about a month, and then drop down to once per month. Like I said, you will clearly see a difference, and your hair will likely grow faster because of it, but if you use it non-stop you will only end up with more breakage. Also, make sure to do a moisturizing condtioning rinse after you use it since CPR is a protein based conditioner. Tonight I used the Garnier Fructis, and Mane & Moisturizing Conditioner. Hope this helps.

Howdy from Iraq
I have used the Motions CPR 3 times thus far, and it has left my hair feeling wonderful. My hair was very tangled up (lots of new growth)when I first sampled it. I did not hesitate to grab it for my next wash. I don't think that I will use it every 4 days for 30 days though. I use it once a week after I wash with shampoo.

IMO I think CPR as a good conditioner. But be forewarned, do not, I repeat, do not use it too often or else it would make the hair even worse off than before.

I actually have recently returned back to using CPR. (I hadn't used it in a few years). A couple of years ago I started the CPR receipe for breakage, but I never made it past the fourth CPR treatment. I must shampoo my hair more frequently than the recipe requires!

I agree with Sunshine. I use Motions CPR maybe once or twice a month and it has stopped my breakage. I don't use it every time I wash and condition my hair. Also, I ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing conditioner, usually Motions Moisture Plus conditioner.

I started the recipe but never finished because I am always tempted to use something else. But CPR is definitely a staple.

I use this after every relaxer and every three weeks if needed, the minute I see too much hair coming out I do a CPR treatment and I see little to no hair immediately. Its one of those products that gives you immediate results. I love it.

is there anything else that has to be used after the cpr besides moisturizing conditioner that needs to be bought? i bought the 15 oz and it says for professional use only, they had the container that said for at home use, but it was smaller. is there really a difference? which one do you ladies use?

I followed the recipe exactly as it was on the Motions website, and I didnt notice a difference...and then again, have very serious breakage issues and I may need something stronger.

No not yet...I'll do that after I figure out a protective style (maybe braids/crochet braids) to get me through the winter...I'm currently using the Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor (no difference there either) and I want to finish up the bottle before I make another pruchase (trying hard not to be a pj
fallenangel.gif
)

I have the aphoGEE 2 min. recons. too and I didn't notice much of a difference. I still shed and broke off quite a bit. I've been using the Motions Silk Protein and I think it's working. I'm going to use it for a couple of more treatments before I make any conclusions. My hair has been doing really well, with not much shedding since I've been using it. My hair is not damaged or anything, but I'm prone to shedding and breakage I believe due to the fact that I'm relaxed, it's cold and dry right now, and I'm nursing.

Back