mosturizing hair with oil

naturallyme

in the spring i plan to wear my hair in a afro puff with my brastrap headbands, and i need something to mosturize my hair, but i don't want to use something with water in it because it will shrink up my hair. i know that water is the best mosturizer but i plan on buying some hot 6 oil. i just want to know will the oil be ok to use or can u suggest anything else. thanks in advance!!!

From what I understand, oil is not a moisturizer...it can however seal in moisture.
I'm sure one of the other natural ladies can reccomend a good moisturizer for ya, one that won't shrink your hair! :)

Well I have noticed that I have my BEST moisturized big puffs when I:

1.) Wear twists a few days and then a twistout and then a puff (or just straight to a puff when I take my twists out) My hair is very moisturized from what i used to twist (shea) and then maintain the twists--I only may need to add a little more.

2. Mosisturize well w/ shea or diluted Sta Sof Fro and put hair in big twists or flat twists at night, and then take down and do a puff. (that is a lot of manipulation though)

But....regardless----you will most likely still have some shrinkage rockin' a puff--just not alot like if you used water etc...

Back