more thoughts on humecto and strecthing....

beana3

out the time in between relaxers.

Last night i decided against relaxing at 8 1/2 weeks and decided to wash and deep condition my hair and wait until november. I have lots of new growth at the crown, but my sides are still very straight, and i want to accumulate more new growth before getting my hair relaxed. Needless to say my hair is not easy to handle right now.

I used Humecto w/ a heat cap for 25mins and let it cool for 10 and my hair was soo detangled and soft!!!! I've put this stuff to the test and i'm thoroughly convinced that this is the ultimate moisturizing deep conditioner. My one and only pet peeve; it seems to seriously de-bulk my hair (which is good when i dont want to look like a helmut head) but it literally makes me feel like i have less hair! Am i the only one who gets this effect??!!???!! (Armyqt, i would love to hear your thoughts on this)

I enjoy its smoothing properties now that i'm in need of a touch -up, it seems like the ideal conditioner for strecthing out relaxers. just wanted to share and get some possible feedback, TIA

No you aren't the only one. I love this conditioner that I'm going to get the 5lb bucker but I think it does make my hair feel thinner so I'm waiting til my relaxer is a little bit older to use it.

I agree wholeheartedly Beana. I'm also trying to stretch out my relaxer and it does an AMAZING job of softening the newgrowth. It's almost as if it temporarily straightens out the roots. I'm gonna see how long I can using it.

Now I don't care for using it too much when my relaxer is say 4 wks or less old. It does debulk the hair alot and since I'm a natural fine haired person, it simply won't do at that stage of the game. I still love the softeneing properties. I could try using Nexxus Headdress as a leave-in afterwards though. That really helps to plump up those strands. We shall see
smile.gif

You can do it!
clap.gif
I stretch my relaxers from 14-15 wks and it has helped my hair tremendously! The only thing I hate about relaxing is all the shedding that comes with it. When my hair is 10 wks post relaxer, that's when I start to do braid outs and stop the straight styles. I just have to master the straw set but failed miserably the last time
ohwell.gif

I love this conditioner. Does anyone know the best place to purchase it online? I would like a place that delivers ASAP. Thanks.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Thanks Cami
smile.gif
. What is your regime here latley? Any conditioner washes. BTW how is your growth progressing? It's been a looong time girl
grin.gif

This is where I buy my 5lb tub of Humecto. I get if for $27.95, plus shipping and handling. I order some of their other products as well. You have to phone in your order, but they're really nice. They will not sell the relaxer to you though, unless you have a licence. They said that Avlon has really been buckling down on them.
ohwell.gif

Crawford's Beauty Supply

Back