More pics updates- Puff, Twist, and Twist-Out

kristina

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the positive commentary in my last post, it's really uplifting. I just added a few more pics to my album to share. I decided to hold off maxi-gliding until later because of the weather and my current workout routine (no sense frying my hair if I plan to run for an hour). But because I have a semi professional meeting to go to, I will be trying it shortly. So I decided to try twisting instead because I'm looking to stop bunning all the time (my edges are really broken because of my braid abuse). I twist without sectioning on dry, brushed out hair. I didn't put in any gels, I just rubbed in some Elasta QP mango butter and Dudleys PCA. I liked the results and also the fact that I didn't stress my hair at all last week (no daily brushing, smoothing). But to all you twisting gurus, please let me know how you reduce frizziness and any other tips to make them look more professional. TIA.

Enjoyed your album. Wonderful length...cannot wait to get there myself. I was SOOOOO feeling the bantu knot out set. Loved it!!! My favorite.

How long have you been natural?

Last edited:
pookeylou said:
Enjoyed your album. Wonderful length...cannot wait to get there myself. I was SOOOOO feeling the bantu knot out set. Loved it!!! My favorite.

How long have you been natural?
ditto to everything she said and asked!!!!

Thanks ladies....I always get a daily reminder of why I love this forum. As far as the questions- I've been a natural for approx. 2.5 years. I tried to texturized at the end of 2002 and since then I've been in and out of braids. I still have a but of texturizer on the ends (about an inch tops) I need to let it go.
As far as the bantu knot shot- I did that on a braid out that turned out frizzy. I don't have a blow dryer at the moment (which could be a blessing in disguise). Funny but before lhcf, I really thought my natural hair would not be managable w/o a dryer.

please let me know how you reduce frizziness and any other tips to make them look more professional

I stopped doing my twists on dry hair because I found that although they had more volume and lenght, they got fuzzy/frizzy faster than twists that I do with wet/damp hair. I used to use beeswax to try to compat the fuzzyness but I didn't really like it so I only do wet/damp now.

Jaelin said:
I stopped doing my twists on dry hair because I found that although they had more volume and lenght, they got fuzzy/frizzy faster than twists that I do with wet/damp hair. I used to use beeswax to try to compat the fuzzyness but I didn't really like it so I only do wet/damp now.

Thanks for the advice- now the dilemma I have is that I prefer my twists on dry hair but will likely prefer the twistouts on wet hair. So much for the 3 in 1 hairstyle (twists to twistout to twist puff). I wonder if would be better if I wet my hair sometime before unravelling.

Thanks again for all the compliments ladies...it's definately making me appreciate what I got. I'm glad I decided to hold off on relaxing because now I'm leaning towards staying natural and just growing it really, really long so the shrinkage won't bother me.

Back