More Photos (newbie)

Lorraine

Hi,
I found some old photos and decided to add them to my gallery. Some feature recently taken natural photos as well as old pictures from when I added horrible glue to my hair not to mention a year with a sewn in weave.

I've only been a member of the forum for two weeks and the amount of information I've learned is more than I uncovered during my lifetime. I feel so guilty for the things I have done to my hair. I know better now and I look forward to learning more and sharing photos of recovery by the end of this summer!

Enjoy and thanks to everyone on the board for all your helpful information.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
All those styles look very good on you. very natural too. Thanks for sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA
smile.gif

Thank you! I must admit it took me a long time to let go of the extensions. I dated a guy for a long time who loved my hair crimped. I was miserable! Oh well, he's gone and now I can actually be good to my hair. Thank goodness the new boyfriend met me the day after I took out the extensions! LOL. See ya!
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
All those styles look very good on you. very natural too. Thanks for sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

You and your hair are beautiful. Did anyone ever tell you that you look like a young Tina Turner?
smile.gif

Crysdon,
I think you hurt my feelings, girl! LOL

But thanks. I know what you mean... and no. No one ever has.

LOL

I saw pics of her when she was much younger and they favor you. Girl, take that as a compliment.
laugh.gif

I loved all the photos. One in particular caught my eye. It was the scrunch style. Please explain the technique to scrunching. I seem to be dumbfounded when it comes to that.

...anybody can answer my question about scrunching.

[ QUOTE ]
sexycaramel03 said:
I loved all the photos. One in particular caught my eye. It was the scrunch style. Please explain the technique to scrunching. I seem to be dumbfounded when it comes to that.

...anybody can answer my question about scrunching.

[/ QUOTE ]

SexyCaramel,
While my hair was wet I applied Aussie Scrunch hairspray and Volumax styling gel (alcohol-free).

While blowing it dry (on cool) I balled up my hair like I was holding a stress ball and held onto chunks of hair sections at a time for ten seconds. I did this until it was fairly dry and curled the way I liked.

I hope that helps.

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
You are gorgeous and your hair is even prettier, how long have you been natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

DDHair,
I just started in November 2003. I have to admit my hair is naturally curly so I have to tame it with a relaxer. I put a relaxer in my hair for the first time in a year in November 2003 so I'm not a true natural.
ohwell.gif

However, I am limiting the heat and searching online for Viviscal. Hey, maybe going natural will be the next step to my "hair recovery"!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
So, I see that you are a woman that can wear her hair most any way and still look great
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree! your hair looks fab any whicha way (as my dad says
laugh.gif
). welcome to the board!
smile.gif

Adrienne,
Thank you. Your pictures were so inspiring. Do you mind telling me what you used on your hair to get it so strong and grow so quickly? Shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Feel free to PM me.

Back