Monoi de Tahiti

vangrey

is anyone still using this oil? i recently bought it and tried it out today. immediately my hair felt silky and it killed some of the frizz i had going on. so far i love this oil ( shhh... dont tell anyone but it may replace grease and ntm serum!) the only problem i am having is the scent, i bought the original scent (monoi tiare tahiti). anyone tried the other scents? what was your favorite? also how does this oil compare to the other oils like jojoba?
TIA

vangrey said:
is anyone still using this oil? i recently bought it and tried it out today. immediately my hair felt silky and it killed some of the frizz i had going on. so far i love this oil ( shhh... dont tell anyone but it may replace grease and ntm serum!) the only problem i am having is the scent, i bought the original scent (monoi tiare tahiti). anyone tried the other scents? what was your favorite? also how does this oil compare to the other oils like jojoba?
TIA

My favorite is and always has been the Vanilla. I also love the Creme de Coco.

:spank: didnt you read the memo i sent out this morning????

DO NOT POST ABOUT ANY PRODUCTS THAT MAKE HAIR SILKY SMOOTH!!!

:drunk: MUST.RESIST.BUYING:drunk:

This stuff is wonderful. It smells so good. Just dont buy it from fromnaturewithlove. Buy it from www.vitanet.com. Also, buy the pure kind. I find the vanilla version in Europe and bought it only to find that it had propylene glycol in it. I was not happy. It's great though. One of my favorite oils.

Okay.. so I got my Indian stuff from the Indian store. Should I start looking for a Tahitian store too?

Lovelylocs said:
Okay.. so I got my Indian stuff from the Indian store. Should I start looking for a Tahitian store too?

:lachen: You and me both
In Lucky this month they mention this, you can buy it on Monoi.com and its cheaper.

4oz for $9.95

I hated it. To me it just sat on my hair. I bought it in a health food store in AK. It was original scent, I didn't love the smell, didn't hate it, but was disappointed with the feeling it left in my hair.

I would offer the bottle to you, but I threw it out a few months back...

What is even sadder is that I am searching the net for even more tahitian beauty secrets. I want to know everything! lol But, it is so hard to find info on tahiti other than tourist stuff. But, there day spas do look nice so they must have a lot of skin care secrets. O well... i guess i'll just keep looking.

winterinatl said:
I hated it. To me it just sat on my hair. I bought it in a health food store in AK. It was original scent, I didn't love the smell, didn't hate it, but was disappointed with the feeling it left in my hair.

I would offer the bottle to you, but I threw it out a few months back...
Is this stuff just for the hair or can it be used all over the body?

vangrey said:
TIA

I mix my Vanilla scented Monoi Oil with shea butter to use after I wash my hair...I love how the Vanilla smells!!!

ETA: I bought mine from www.mailorderhawaii.com

Last edited:
Yes, I always have a bottle of monoi on hand. It's great during the summer cause you can just slather it all over your body and hair. My favorite is the Ylang-ylang but I haven't tried the creme de coco yet. I get mines from myvitanet.com. I haven't tried any of the other places though. When I order from vitanet it gets here pretty quickly.

Lovelylocs said:
Is this stuff just for the hair or can it be used all over the body?

You can do both. I usually use it for my hair because it makes it so soft. Maybe I will try it for the summer time, when my skin isn't so dehydrated.

crml_buttafly said:
:spank: didnt you read the memo i sent out this morning????

DO NOT POST ABOUT ANY PRODUCTS THAT MAKE HAIR SILKY SMOOTH!!!

:drunk: MUST.RESIST.BUYING:drunk:

sorry girl its true!!! my hair soaked it up when i put it in... i guess it was thirsty :grin: and it left my hair silky :)

this site sends you to another webpage to buy it i think mailorderhawaii... anyways even though it was cheap it took awhile to get here. i order it feb 25 and just got it on monday... and it was supposed to be 3 day shipping. but i trust this site over vitanet.com because i read some bad reviews about them online.

ccd said:
:lachen: You and me both
In Lucky this month they mention this, you can buy it on Monoi.com and its cheaper.

4oz for $9.95

Lovelylocs said:
What is even sadder is that I am searching the net for even more tahitian beauty secrets. I want to know everything! lol But, it is so hard to find info on tahiti other than tourist stuff. But, there day spas do look nice so they must have a lot of skin care secrets. O well... i guess i'll just keep looking.

i tried to search for more secrets too!!! :lachen: but i only found the oils and soaps... :(

tryn2growmyhair said:
This stuff is wonderful. It smells so good. Just dont buy it from fromnaturewithlove. Buy it from www.vitanet.com. Also, buy the pure kind. I find the vanilla version in Europe and bought it only to find that it had propylene glycol in it. I was not happy. It's great though. One of my favorite oils.

That website seems like an informational site. Is this the site? ... http://www.myvitanet.com/info.html

If so, they have the Monoi oil for only $6.00!! I think I'm going to order it.

hey allandra :wave:
i was waiting for you to comment... which scent did you use? i want something that smells exotic but not strong... or i can do something sweet. have you tried the coconut scent?
Allandra said:
When I was in to using oils, I used Monoi oil. I loved the scent.

vangrey said:
i was waiting for you to comment... which scent did you use? i want something that smells exotic but not strong... or i can do something sweet. have you tried the coconut scent?

The coconut scent is the bomb!!!!!!!! I've purchased it 2x before and it smells really good. I use to rub it on my skin in the summer.

LiLi said:
That website seems like an informational site. Is this the site? ... http://www.myvitanet.com/info.html

If so, they have the Monoi oil for only $6.00!! I think I'm going to order it.
Yes, you are right. It's that site. I was so pissed that I had order FNWL teeny weeny bottle before finding this site. IMO their Monoi is a better qaulity than FNWL. Check to make sure they have what you want in stock, though, before purchasing anything.

vangrey said:
The coconut scent - I only ordered it once, and after I used it up, I didn't order it again.

Okay... does anyone know if this stuff is sold in stores? b/c it just seems ridiculous to me to pay 9 or 10 dollars for smthg that only costs about $5.
And what is Noni juice? Sounds tempting...lol

Lovelylocs said:
Okay... does anyone know if this stuff is sold in stores? b/c it just seems ridiculous to me to pay 9 or 10 dollars for smthg that only costs about $5.

In Los Angeles you can buy it in practically any health food shop

Lovelylocs said:

I haven't seen the Monoi oil yet in stores. But I think I will be paying that much for it since it is imported product. Now the Noni juice has an interesting taste to it. I have seen these in most health food stores.

Back