Mommy Needs HELP!

MissMeWithThatIsh

My mom's hair is weird.
It's Afro textured, but naturally straight- I guess you can say it's coarse and straight. She relaxes every 3-4 months.

She needs her reggie tweaked.

She uses a regular shampoo and Nizoral (she has Psoriasis).
She DCs with LeKair Cholesterol.

She then blow dries with Infusium or Perm Repair and rollersets.

Her hair was overprocessed by a stylist that she - and MY sister- keep going to. The stylist told them they "used the wrong hair brush" and she cut 3 1/2 inches off both their heads. Since then, I told her to find a better stylist for the both of them.

My mom is like "Well i just let her perm the back, but not the front" and thought that because the stylist had long hair, she would help them get longer healthier hair as well. :wallbash:

I told my mom about the Pantene Mask and Fermodyl (THANKS QUEENY20!) and she's going to buy some now. But I need help in advising her.

I told her about LHCF but mommy is not hip to forums. My sis knows about this site and she lurks it on my account sometimes.

Can anyone assist me? My mom's hair was BSL at some point in her life and it's SL.

Oh yea, I told my mother about henna, but she said it dries her hair out.
What can she do to avoid drying her hair out with henna?

(I don't have that problem?)

Hi! It sounds like a awful lot of protein there. How about switching out the lekair for a nice ORS pack. I mix mine with sillicon mix. You mom is probably close to my age. We need moisture. Infusium is great but not all the time. How about a silk protein or one of the aveda reconstructors/ leave ins. They give us the best balance of moisture and protein.
Hopefully one of the other 'Mom's' will chime in.
Peace

Thank you!

I will send those suggestions to her.
Yes, she JUST turned 50 but doesn't look bad for her age.
She's almost FULL shoulder length.

ORS might definitely help!

Back