Mom and Salon Revive

winona

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Salon Revive in Washington DC. I just made my an appointment with Hiwot Aberra for a virgin Phyto Relaxer. I really hope she has better experience with relaxing this time than she did with her natural hair. I will probably keep setting up her appointments after talking to her and Hiwot to make sure she get optimal results. She never really got over the "my hair is nappy and ugly phase" :( Her hair is beautiful, soft and very fine. Thanks

Bumping for the weekend:). Any suggestions on salons or people to maintain relaxed hair.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Thanks:) I have been checking the reviews and they are so mixed but I trust the reviews from here more because it seems we have different standards.

I use to go to Hiwot, just be aware she likes to cut, so unless your mother needs a trim, I would not let her trim, especially on the first appointment.
Also, I am natural, and have never had chemical services at the salon (except color).
Overall, I think your mom will be very capable hands.
It's a very nice salon with great atmosphere.

At first I wanted Yodit because I went to her once and she was not scissor happy at all. I loved that but I remember someone said Hiwot was really good too.

Back