moisturizing the new growth before touch up

Brownie

Does anyone put anything on their new growth after getting the hair ready for a touch up, or do you leave it dry---without anything on it. In case I'm not making sense, I'll restate my question: do you put anything on your new growth the week before your touch up? If so, what can you use that won't affect the touch up process?

Thanks in advance!
wave.gif

I just moisturize with my regular moisturizer. I do this right before my relaxers and I never have any problems.

[ QUOTE ]
I just moisturize with my regular moisturizer. I do this right before my relaxers and I never have any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, stylepink. Maybe I'll slap some s-curl on it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I second the castor oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I third the castor oil.
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So, castor oil doesn't affect the relaxing process? I know some people apply castor oil to the previously relaxed hair to protect it while relaxing.

I've never "specifically" moisturized my new growth prior to a touch up. In fact, 2-3 days prior, I don't touch my hair
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've never "specifically" moisturized my new growth prior to a touch up. In fact, 2-3 days prior, I don't touch my hair
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Peachtree. I haven't been touching it too much. I just didn't want it to get too dry.

Back