Moisturizing Poo after Protein Treatment

moneychaser

I think Hiza does this
grin.gif

Does anyone else re-wash their hair with a moisturizing shampoo after a protein treatment. It seems like a good way to put moisturize back in your and to detangle.
Any thoughts.

I do. As a matter of fact I used Emergencee this past Sunday, I pooed it twice with Garnier poo afterwards and then used a moisturizing conditioner. I think its good to get rid of all protien residue when using a a heavy duty protien conditioner. I picked this little tip up from a Dom. hairdresser. I now realize why my hair would be all hard after using a protien cond. eventhough I would moisturize afterward. Its a good idea to thoroughly shampoo it all out. Also, my cousin had a very very very terrible mishap from a hairdresser misusing Seb. Penetraitt in her hair. She should have shampooed it out and not lazily rinse it out like its a regular ole moisturizing cond.

I just did this today after my aphogee treatment. I used a little bit of Head n Shoulders shampoo and conditioner in one and then prodeced to deep condition. The results were great!

I did it after using Emergencee. I followed w/Therrape and then Humectress. Results were very, very positive. I think it's a great way to fight the dryness I usually experience w/protein
smile.gif
. But I also think Emergencee is a perfect product
trampoline.gif

Since I only use a mild protein treatment (Aubrey Organics GPB), I don't do this. My hair always feels good after rinsing out my protein treatment, so I never feel the need to use a moisturizing shampoo afterwards.

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
Doesn't it wash out the conditioner and reduce its effects??

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so too. Does anyone who does this notice less protein benefits after the shampooing?

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
Doesn't it wash out the conditioner and reduce its effects??

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so too. Does anyone who does this notice less protein benefits after the shampooing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you deep condition with heat. Using heat allows the cuticle to swell allow the condtioner to penetrate the hair.
Shampoo only washs the surface of the hair, right
confused.gif

I have no ill effects from pooing out the protien. I think my hair feels better after doing so. I get rid of the protien residue and my moisturizing con. is easily absorbed. I don't think you can wash away the effects of a heavy duty protein conditioner, once the job is done, its done !
wink.gif

HTH

I just used Emergencee this weekend, and the directions said after rinsing out the emergencee to rewash with therappe and then follow up with humectress. So, I followed the directions.

I'm guessing that the effects of a hardcore conditioner like Nexxus Emergencee last longer than one or two shampoos and that's why you can afford to do that.

Yes, I do this sometimes also.
smile.gif
It depends how my how feels after I rinse the protein from my hair. I use a small amount of shampoo and lightly rinse it through my hair.

Im thinking I should have done this after my DRC treatment today. I deep conditioned for an hour and my hair felt good when rinsing. Now My hair is air drying and it feels rough as it dries. I rewet the ends and put on more leave in and oil and if that doesnt help maybe Ill just shampoo it. Or Ill do it tomorrow I guess....

Yes this is a must for me. In the past two times I have used Nexxus Emergencee I decided to shampoo to get rid of the nasty residue and then followed with a moisturizing conditioner. I am now thinking not shampooing after the treatment was the reason why my hair kept breaking off after this treatment last year.

well I after I wet my ends and put more leave in on them and some oil, then put it in a bun, it dried soft now. Ill probably do a light shampoo tomorrow anyway after I workout. I love washing and conditioning my hair any chance I get anyway! lol...

but from now on Ill probably do a light shampoo after a treatment, its a good way to make sure u dont still have protein in your hair which could be harmful. Also, in Shamboosies book he says to rinse protein treatments for a full 5 minutes to make sure u get it all out, which is what I do.

This sounds like a gret idea, I just don't know about using shampoo. I mean, protien is expensive!
Would conditioner washing have the same effect? Or do you think the cleansing agents in the shampoo is making the difference for those of you that do this?
Cause wouldn't shampoo just remove the molecules that you jus put into your hair?

Someone posted a link to a Ouidad method a while back. I just followed the directions.

I shampooed with EMB. Then used Kerafuse with a conditioning cap on low heat for about 20 mins. Then I applied NTM Daily Deep Conditioner over top (NO rinsing), put the cap back on and turned it off immediately. I kept the cap on until it was cool(5 or 10 mins). Rinse well.

My hair felt very strengthened yet moisturized.

The only protein treatment I use is Motions Silk Protein Conditioner and after using it my hair detangles more easy than with any other conditioner so I've never really considered following with a moisturizing shampoo.

I don't think shampooing will affect the protein because deep conditioning with heats opens the cuticles allowing the protein to enter the cuticle, shampooing merely washes the surface of the cuticle....

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
I just used Emergencee this weekend, and the directions said after rinsing out the emergencee to rewash with therappe and then follow up with humectress. So, I followed the directions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. No problems so far.
up.gif

Back