moisturizing leave in

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Well I just picked up Herbal Essences Intensive blend Nourishing creme leave in. It smell heavenly and has some great ingredients. I also picked up the AUSSIE slip conditioner. Any reviews on either of these?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it as a finishing detangler. Good slip.

I am faithful to Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner. Sometimes, I mix in some oil before applying it to my hair while my hair is still damp.

[ QUOTE ]
NYCITY said:
I love Elasta QP Recovery

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO! And the price is right! Around 2.99 for a bottle!

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Is this Elasta Qp a good detangler as well? I have so much new growth and I am having a really hard time trying to manage it. Any suggestions on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a detangler ( and my hair is really tangly) I use Keracare Humecto conditioner, rinse, and then follow up with the Elasta QP recovery. Works like a charm, even with 2 inches of new growth!

I have about 2-3 inches of new growth and Im going to get it set tomorrow. I have the Kera care Humecto and in all honesty, with all this new growth it aint detangling all that great. I didnt even think about the Elasta QP recovery before getting all this other stuff. I've got the Elasta QP breakage control serum on my hair right now and will follow up with the Keracare humecto and aussie slip mix and then Ill try my new detangler/leave ins by Herbal Essence and give a review. Thanks ladies!

MY REVIEW

Ok ladies here is my review of the leave ins that I tried this week.
First let me give you a backdrop: I am 10 weeks post relaxer. I relax with Motions mild relaxer. I have AT LEAST TWO INCHES of new growth but I'm tried to stretch it out to 12 weeks so I have two more weeks to go. My hair is getting so difficult to comb due to the new growth.

This week I used the breakage control serum followed by the Keracare humecto and Aussie Slip mix. The Aussie really helped to detangle. The Humecto alone is just not enough when I have this much new growth.

I rinsed out the conditioner and added the Herbal Essence Intensive leave -in in the pump container. I had to use more that usual and it help as I detangled my hair and formed my wet bun. I also used the Herbal Essence leave in conditioner in the spray bottle. This one didnt seem to help as well as the one in the pump.

I think overall the Intensive leave in is better than the regular. I will be able to tell better once I get my hair relaxed in two weeks. YAY I CANT WAIT!!!

Back