Moisturizing Ends- HELP!

prettygrl

I need help with this part of my regimen. When I moisturize my ends, I usually do so at night and in the morning (and/or whenever they feel dry). I Moisturize about an inch from the ends to the end (if that makes sense)

I use CH Moisturizer or CD's Hair Milk and sometimes castor oil. All of these products are weighing my hair down and it does not move...plus I would like something that penetrates better and doesn't just sit on top of my hair...

Do you all have any suggestions? TIA.

I use Asha's Omega Oil on my ends and I like it alot. I have also tried Akiva's Fiwi Oil on my ends and this is good too.

I would like to suggest Myhoneychild honey hair soy milk :love: or Myhoneychild honey love moisturizer:love:. Another product that I love to use is also Asha's silk rose elixir leave-in conditioner:love: right after I wash my hair. After I apply it to my hair, it leaves my hair very moisturized, shiny and smooth and I don't have to use anything else after I apply it. I find that these hair products are very light weight and they don't leave my hair too oily and they penetrate the hair nicely.

I have all three of those products and they do work well. They are some of my favorites that I will continue to buy.

prettygrl said:
I need help with this part of my regimen. When I moisturize my ends, I usually do so at night and in the morning (and/or whenever they feel dry). I Moisturize about an inch from the ends to the end (if that makes sense)

I use CH Moisturizer or CD's Hair Milk and sometimes castor oil. All of these products are weighing my hair down and it does not move...plus I would like something that penetrates better and doesn't just sit on top of my hair...

Do you all have any suggestions? TIA.

I love Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream. It is a bit expensive though. But it gives great moisture without being too greasy or heavy.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I would like to suggest Myhoneychild honey hair soy milk :love: or Myhoneychild honey love moisturizer:love:. Another product that I love to use is also Asha's silk rose elixir leave-in conditioner:love:

Where do you purchase these products?

I also love to use Profectiv megagrowth products as well on my ends. Have you ever tried any of their products before? IMO it's not very greasy and it doesn't weigh your hair down.

My ends did not stop misbehaving until I employed a 3-part mix.
* true moisturizer or leave in (no oils) mixed with
* an essential oil blend
* then sealed with a grease product

oil alone, sat on my hair, a moisturizer alone could not resist humidity and did not last very long, my hair would frizz by the end of the day. The grease alone kept my hair frizz free, but did not moisturize.

* true moisturizer or leave in (no oils)
-----------------------------
Currently Mane & Tail Coniditioner
Also like BB Oil Moisturizer (has lots of true moisturizers though it also has oil

* Essential Oil
-------------------
I currenly am in love with Wild Growth Hair Oil
I used to Use Aphogee Essential Oil Concentrate--now I use it on my skin

* Grease
--------------
Currently Georgia Peach Pomade by Vigorol
I used to use BB Super Gro

Last edited:
CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I also love to use Profectiv megagrowth products as well on my ends. Have you ever tried any of their products before? IMO it's not very greasy and it doesn't weigh your hair down.
Co-signing. I used Profectiv consistently when I was growing out a short cut some years ago, and it really did make a positive difference in how well my hair grew back.

Hi! I have been reading this board for a while now, but this is my first post. I just HAD to reply, because a few weeks ago I found THE PERFECT product for dry ends :D I have been natural for a while now -- I transitioned beginning in the summer of 2003 and was completely natural with near-shoulder length hair by July of 2004. Just 3 weeks ago, I crossed over to the texturized side. All of this time, I have fought with dry, frizzy ends, no matter what I do (castor oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, protective styles, whatever, it didn't matter). UNTIL QHEMET BIOLOGICS Honeybrush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel. It is amazing!!! :grin: Now, I usually do not even use gel in my hair, but I tried this one just to see if I could get curls out of my still-quite-close-to-natural hair. First, I put a bunch of it on my dry hair; I still only had a few curls out of it, but to my surprise my ends felt like BUTTER two days later!!! It was wash day but I didn't even want to wash it, because I feared I would never feel this moisture again... But I co-washed anyways, and this time loaded my wet hair with the gel. Still today, I got BUTTER ENDS once again! This product is my :littleang I bought it in a sample pack from www.qhemetBiologics.com for $16, and it came with 4 other killer products, with the amla oil pomade coming in as a close-second favorite product... I hope this helps in your search to end dry ends; I know it cured me!

(By the way, my natural hair is purely 4a, fine (as in small diameter of hairs with ends that easily split) and kinky, but with very little curl definition)

I was also thinking that instead of using the castor oil you could use jojoba oil instead which should be much lighter than using the castor oil.

cafe_au_lait said:
Hi! I have been reading this board for a while now, but this is my first post. I just HAD to reply, because a few weeks ago I found THE PERFECT product for dry ends :D I have been natural for a while now -- I transitioned beginning in the summer of 2003 and was completely natural with near-shoulder length hair by July of 2004. Just 3 weeks ago, I crossed over to the texturized side. All of this time, I have fought with dry, frizzy ends, no matter what I do (castor oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, protective styles, whatever, it didn't matter). UNTIL QHEMET BIOLOGICS Honeybrush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel. It is amazing!!! :grin: Now, I usually do not even use gel in my hair, but I tried this one just to see if I could get curls out of my still-quite-close-to-natural hair. First, I put a bunch of it on my dry hair; I still only had a few curls out of it, but to my surprise my ends felt like BUTTER two days later!!! It was wash day but I didn't even want to wash it, because I feared I would never feel this moisture again... But I co-washed anyways, and this time loaded my wet hair with the gel. Still today, I got BUTTER ENDS once again! This product is my :littleang I bought it in a sample pack from www.qhemetBiologics.com for $16, and it came with 4 other killer products, with the amla oil pomade coming in as a close-second favorite product... I hope this helps in your search to end dry ends; I know it cured me!

(By the way, my natural hair is purely 4a, fine (as in small diameter of hairs with ends that easily split) and kinky, but with very little curl definition)

Hi cafe,
Glad to see you posted and thanks for your recommendation. It does sound lovely!! :grin: :grin:

If you don't mind, can you please list the ingredients of the product for us?? Thanks a million dear!

cafe_au_lait said:

Welcome to the board!!:wave:

ITA:yep:. This is one incredible hair product but since it is a gel I didn't want to mention it because you guys would probably think I am crazy for using a hair gel on my ends. But I use this on my ends when I plait my hair up. It just melts in your hair. You just got to love it :love: !!:cheers:

Last edited:
CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Welcome to the board!!:wave:

ITA:yep:. This is one incredible hair product but since it is a gel I didn't want to mention because you guys would probably think I am crazy for using a hair gel on my ends. But I use this on my ends when I plait my hair up. It just melts in your hair. You just got to love it :love: !!:cheers:

Thanks guys for welcoming me! OK great, I'm glad I'm not imagining things -- a part of me was still expecting this to be some mirage it's so easy and so good to be true!

As far as ingredients are concerned, here they are for the enitre line that comes in the 5 piece sample (as previously posted by Enchantmt, which I am cosigning):

Alma Oil Nourising Pomade
Mineral Oil-Free, Pure Amla Oil, Pure Sesame Oil
Nourishes Scalp & Softens Hair

INGREDIENTS: Plant Derived Polyglycerieds, Ayurvedic Alma (Emblica Officinalis) Oil, Virgin Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Vitamine (Mixed Tocopherols),

DIRECTIONS: Part hair and apply an thin layer directly to scalp. Use sparingly on hair to soften and smooth.

Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel
Non-Flaking, Non-Drying and Alcohol Free
Moisturizes & Defines Coils, Curls & Twists

INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water infused with Organic Honeybush (Cyclopedia Intermedia) Leaves, Glycerine, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Mixed Parabens, Fragrance.

DIRECTIONS: Work a small amount through damp or dry hair using fingertips to separate and add natural definition. Provides a soft hold for twists.

Herbal Henna Softening Oil
Pure Olive Oil, Extracts of Neutral Henna, Aloe, Alfalfa & Hops
Nourishes & Softens Fine, Dry Hair

INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil Subsstitue ( Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tridecyl Sterate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicapylate/Dicaprate), Pure Olive(Oleo Europa) Oil, Henna (Lawsonia Inermis) Extract, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, (Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Extract, Horsetail (Equiseturn Arvense) Extract, Hops (Humulus Lupulus) Extract, Kelp Extract, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols), Fragrance.

DIRECTONS: Spray a small to moderate amount into damp or dry hair. Leave in or rinse out.

Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Pure Olive Oil, Pure Wild Flower Honey, MSM
Softens & Hydrates Very Dry Hair

INGREDIENTS: Pure Olive (Olea Europa) Oil, Virgin Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, begetable Glycerine, Vegetable Emulsifer, Pure Wildflower Honey, MSM (Methysulfonylmethane), Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols), Fragrance.

USE: Rub between palms and work a moderate amount through damp or dry hair from root to end. Leave in and style.

Olive Cream
Pure Olive Oil, Virgin Coconut Cream, MSM
Instantly Detangles Unruly & Unmanageable Hair

INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water, Pure Olive (Olea Europa) Oil, Virgin Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Cream, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols), Phenoxyethanol, Mixed Parabens.

USE: For tangled hair, part hair and apply a moderate amount to one small section at a time. Gently work though eact section seperately with finters, comb or brush as hair is instantly softened and detangled. For normal hair, work a small amount through hair and comb or brush through. Leave in or rinse out.

I've been having problems with my ends lately. I've only been on the website for a month and half, almost... and the ends just aren't cooperating. So, I just bought MegaGrowth by Profectiv, because I couldn't find the Healthy Ends one, but it says that you can use it on the ends too. I gave myself a quick trim because I didn't like the frizzy, fragile ends that whenever I touched them, a strand of hair would come out. So, I cut like 1/4"-1/3" inch off... I didn't really want to but i kinda thought it was necessary... I'm a little sad now :( ... I've eliminated all heat and have only air-dried and although I get less breakage now, there are days when I get TOO MUCH :eek: , like today... So yeah, I used the MegaGrowth and it's very thick and buttery and I applied all over my hair and tied my satin scarf, so I hope tomorrow, my ends will feel like butter and I won't get any breakage...
I'm a bit discouraged... :nono: Hopefully everything goes well! I"m going to do a protein treatment this weekend and see how things go

I don't remember who it was, but someone in another thread said that vitamin E worked for her when nothing else did.

I usually put (about 2 drops of each) Keracare essential oils, shea butter oil, cocoa butter oil and Wanakee constant care for ends on my hair. I just added Organics maximum strength olive oil moisturizing growth lotion to the mix. So far so good. Leaves my hair very soft and not weighed down.

Back