Moisturizing Deep conditioner...input needed please!

sweetdreams23

Hey ladies,

So at the end of October it will officially be 6 weeks of my hair in box braids (extensions)

I KNOW I'll need to give my hair a really good deep conditioning treatment, but I have yet to find that staple deep conditioner yet.

My hair is protein sensitive...so I'm looking more for Moisture than protein.

Any input? what would you recommend?

-C.C.

First and foremost, be sure to clear all the shed hair before wetting. It could get ugly!

1. Kenra is my all time fave...
2. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa...(All natural ingredients)

Last edited:
Leesh said:
First and foremost, be sure to clear all the shed hair before wetting. It could get ugly!

Yeah....

I learned that last year...u wanna talk about a disaster?!?!? not to mention at the time I was STILL transitioning too.

I almost big chopped then. lol

(ETA: correct spelling of "still")

Last edited:
i love Hairveda Sitrinillah. works best without heat.

Shescenit Banana Brulee is good too. both of those are mail order.

Humectress deep moisture treatment is a good drugstore/Target brand.

Joico Moisture Remedy is a good treatment too. you can get that at Ulta and some CVS or Rite Aid carry it.

Yeah....

I learned that last year...u wanna talk about a disaster?!?!? not to mention at the time I was STIL transitioning too.

I almost big chopped then. lol

Phew, Ok Doll...Aint wanna see you back on here askin for help to get matted chunks out! :rolleyes:

For my hair, through the years Motions Moisture plus has NEVER done me wrong, pure moisture and lots of slip!
(affordable and easy to find)
And my hair is super protein sensitive too.

crlsweetie912 said:
For my hair, through the years Motions Moisture plus has NEVER done me wrong, pure moisture and lots of slip!
Motions huh? I've also looked at their products but never actually used any of their stuff thanks for the input.

havilland said:
Humectress deep moisture treatment is a good drugstore/Target brand.

When I was natural before I used humectrss and ur right, it is deep moisture treatment... Lol I just wanted to get input and seeing humectress being listed is making me smile. :)

Leesh said:

1. Kenra is my all time fave...
2. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa...(All natural ingredients)

Gonna look these two up. :) thanks!

Cant go wrong with this!

I would also suggest Organics Hair Mayo - Super Cheap and slippery!

I'm looking for an inexpensive conditioner with no protein. I've been using Redkin smooth lock for about 6 weeks 2 or 3 times a week to cowash. It was leaving my hair sift and smooth, but not anymore. I was reading the back and noticed the protien interlock sign! Perhaps I protein overload? I did a DC overnight 2 times last week with the Redkin, castor oil, Organic aargon oil, coconut oil and kera minerals dc. No change. My hair is parched. What do you suggest?

I'm looking for an inexpensive conditioner with no protein. I've been using Redkin smooth lock for about 6 weeks 2 or 3 times a week to cowash. It was leaving my hair sift and smooth, but not anymore. I was reading the back and noticed the protien interlock sign! Perhaps I protein overload? I did a DC overnight 2 times last week with the Redkin, castor oil, Organic aargon oil, coconut oil and kera minerals dc. No change. My hair is parched. What do you suggest?

When is the last time you clarified?
Also avoiding protein all together will make your hair less able to except and hold moisture. My hair is also protein sensitive so I had to find products with protein that I can use like AO GPB and Roux Mendex since I can't use Aphogee

I use suave gentle clarifying poo about every other week. I was using neutrogenia clarifying pop but it strips my hair. I have Nioxin poo and cond for dry hair, but I've never opened the package. I was thinking of leaving the Reeking alone and trying the Shea Moisture line.... Thoughts?

Oh my hair is almost APL and I'm about 75% texlaxed. Ends of my hair are bone straight and have been so for years. Too scared to BC.

Silk elements moisturizing conditioner or motions moisture plus conditioner. They seem the same to me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Last edited:
Love myself some Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose mixed with a little oil or Aubrey Organics White Camellia. Can't go wrong with either.

AUSSIE MOIST 3 MIN MIRACLE (Hands Down) i've tried all types of conditioners expensive to cheap and Aussie wins every time i've grown my hair with aussie 3min for moist, and Lekair cholestrol for protein and i mix them for protein/moisture balance, i always add oil and glycerin to it also

I use MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Mask. It's pricey but it does the job and then some plus a lot goes a long way. To get the full benefits of the mask I apply in four sections to make sure I'm coating every strand. Then I seal each section with grapeseed oil. Since I don't have a steamer (yet) I use Curly Nikki's home steaming method. ThenI finish off with Shelli's Cool and Seal method. Super soft, shiny and manageable hair!

There are alternatives to the MoroccanOil. One n' Only, Proclaim and Creme of Nature all have their own argan oil intense conditioners. (Organix has one too but I've used it and it was not worth the money I spent on it) I haven't used any of the other three. I have the One n' Only one in my stash just haven't used it yet, but I bought it because the ingredients very closely match the MoroccanOil ingredients. And the smell mimics the MoroccanOil smell as well. If you're not into perfumey smells then forego the whole thing. I'm addicted to the smell but many ladies don't like it.

Well I bought the Organix brand of argon oil conditioner and mask. Not a fan. I'll add some olive oil to use it up, but still searching. They sell a giant bottle of Nexxus hum. At Costco so ill head over there this weekend.ill also get some aubrey organics and giovanni while they are B1G1 free at my local grocery. These should last until the end of the yr. Hopefully 1 of these will become a staple.

I'm one to rarely find a DC I really love myself. I have mostly low porosity hair and am protein sensitive. Funny that after trying so many natural brands, I came to try L'Oreal EverSleek and my hair :love: it. I didn't expect that, but that's what works for me! :yep:
I'm also a fan of the Marie Dean DCs, I'd recommend them to someone who likes thick and creamy scented mixtures.

Back