Moisturizing DC BETTER Than Kenra?

Sunshine0801

I used to use Kenra MC as my moisturizing DC for a long time now, but I am looking for one that I don't have to supplement with other products or ingredients. Right now I have to add castor oil to Kenra for it to leave my hair soft and moisturized.

To the ladies (especially naturals) who have used Kenra MC, have you found anything better?

to me anything was better than kenra mc. like you i had to add honey and coconut oil on dry hair for it to do something. i love silk elements.

Joico Moisture Recovery (both the conditioner and balm). It's the only line that I've used (other than Elucence) that hasn't required being doctored in any way for my hair to come out soft and well-moisturized.

My hair does not like Kenra at all. I prefer silk element. I'm about to go back to Kera care.

Not sure if it's better than Kenra MC but you can try Keracare Humecto. It's along the same line as the Kenra MC but it's a little thinner. When I used it I liked it:)

A good slept on product that may give you better results is Narobi humecta-sil conditioner:)

Also a products that gets great raves on here is Billy J's SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Mask:) I just got mine today but haven't used it yet. It's thick though.

Joico Moisture Recovery (both the conditioner and balm). It's the only line that I've used (other than Elucence) that hasn't required being doctored in any way for my hair to come out soft and well-moisturized.

i second the moisture recovery!!! its amazing!

to me anything was better than kenra mc. like you i had to add honey and coconut oil on dry hair for it to do something. i love silk elements.

My hair does not like Kenra at all. I prefer silk element. I'm about to go back to Kera care.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one on here who was majorly disappointed with Kenra. :perplexed

I am currently loving Redken All Soft and Butter Treat for moisture.

I use to love Kenra years ago but it stopped working for me and I now love Nexxus Humectin and it can also be use as leave-in conditioner.
Leave hair soft,moisturized and provides great slip.

I use to love Kenra years ago but it stopped working for me and I now love Nexxus Humectin and it can also be use as leave-in conditioner.

Leave hair soft,moisturized and provides great slip.

I used this when I first went natural and I remember it working really well. I think I stopped because I was eager to try something else instead of sticking with what worked. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Verifen Complex Beneficial Phase Shampoo and their Advance Conditioning Treatment are excellent products. Check out their website at www.hairoil.com.

These products don't need "doctoring up;" in other words, you don't have to add any oils, honey, butters, aloe vera gel, glycerin, etc., or anything to them. Nor do you need to do a hot oil treatment, pre-shampoo treatment, conditioning wash, etc. Just use them straight from the bottles/jars.

They save a lot of time, plus all of their products are concentrated. A little goes a long way.

Last edited:
Back