Moisturizing Conditioner vs. Protein Condition

elliot

Hey All,

How can I tell the difference between a moisturizing conditioner and a protein conditioner? Is it just in the label or are there specific ingredients that I should look for.

Thanks!
Elliot

A protein conditioner might also be called a reconstructor. Also, look at the ingredients; protein conditioners will often have a protein mentioned within the ingredients (ie: wheat protein or animal protein). When you read the description of what the conditioner does, a protein conditioner will refer to things like strengthening, rebuilding and/or reconstructing hair. An concentrated protein conditioner will also advise that you rinse the hair for at least one or two minutes after use. For example, Nexxus Keraphix, Aubreys GPB, Aphogee and Nexxus Emergencee are protein conditioners (the latter three are concentrated). The label on moisturizing conditioners will often state that it infuses moisture, or hydrates the hair, or imparts softness. Nexxus Humectress, Motions Moisture Plus, and Mizani Moisturefuse are examples of moisturizing conditioners. I hope this helps.

Thanks Serena and Eliot. I used to wonder the same thing until I found this board. Then again, till I found the board, I didn't know that there were different types of conditioners for different things - I thought they were all the same. Other ladies might also have some tips as to what to look out for.

Back