MOISTURIZER ON FIN HAIR?! Suggestions?

SimpleKomplexity

I heard I need to start using a moisturizer everyday and sealing it with an oil. I have Wild Hair Growth Oil but what is a good creme moisturizer to use on fine, thin hair?

Hi I am pretty new on LHCF but from what I have gatherered whenever you get a moisturizer the first two ingredients should be water, glycerine...etc. So I have been using Sebastian's Potion 9 a very small dollop that I spread in my hands and then place on my ends and then I have been sealing with jojoba oil once again very lightly because my hair is fine also....I think it is working for me so far I am not necessarily telling you to get the potion 9 but what I am mostly saying is that water is the primary ingredient followed by glycerine... however no mineral oil its almost like taboo for your hair from what I have also gathered. I hope this starts to demystify the moisturizer thing I don't have it down pat but I am picking up "hair" and there :grin: I am sure the other ladies will be chiming in soon

No moisturizer in my fine hair :ohwell:. If I put moisturizer and my hands in my hair every day, it will get angry :rolleyes:. Conditioning 2/week is all my hair needs.

Hi Cheveaux2 I have recently started over by cutting hair as well (nov 07) and in a short span of time I have seen nice progress I was wondering how you are doing if you have established a reggie etc. I use moisturizer very sparingly because my hair has a tendency to be overly dry, so even though I don't want the "greasies" I don't want to hear my hair screaming:angry2::angry2: either. Its tough for us because we want to have shine yet not the weight because then we lose body:wallbash: ....... But no matter what I love and respect my fine tresses I try to work it and be glad that I have hair on my head.......:grin:

i've got veeery fine strands, and my hair loves Garnier Fructis curl & shine leave-in conditioner as a daily moisturizer. i also LOVE the Generic brand nexxus humectress from Sally's. makes my hair soft and smells good. oooh, and my favorite (and the most moisturizing) is cream of nature nourishing conditioner. i love putting a little of this on and sealing with coconut oil, because the 2 smells complement each other nicely :yep:

Back