moisturized hair, is yours, Dry or Wet ????

AmyInAtl

I can not moisturize my hair, and have the dry look too.
So consquently, i have the wet jherri curly look, which i dont mind. I mean it drys over the course of a day, but it's still the wet look.
I reason, i'll wear the wet look until i become BSL.
but i wonder how, people are able to moisturize their hair,
and have the dry look,
even the acclaimed, blow-in-the-wind hair, and still have moisturized hair????
So i ask, moisturized, is your hair wet or dry.

SophiaRose said:
So consquently, i have the wet jherri curly look, which i dont mind. I mean it drys over the course of a day, but it's still the wet look.
and have the dry look,
My hair stays moisturized with the "dry look." I still have that blow in the wind hair after I'm done flat ironing (no matter how much I moisturize afterwards) because I'm telling you, nothing can challenge what the Silk Infusion can give me, muahahahahaaha! Before the Silk Infusion, I would only have blow-in-the-wind hair after getting a relaxer and I also couldn't moisturize my dry hair without it waving up/"reverting," BUT NOT ANYMORE! :D

Last edited:
My hair is really thin, fine and porous...so it absorbs about anything I put on it and begs for more. Recently, the things that I have found which really help w/out giving the "wet look" that I too have become accustomed to, are:

ULI Leave-On moisturizer
ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer
Garnier Fructis Length and Strength Split Ends Treatment

The Garnier I find is useful after washing- but lasts until the next wash. The two moisturizers both work best when sealed in w/the slightest bit of WGO.

HTH!

I get the dry look and moisture. I use Elasta QP mousse, Elasta QP Silk and Dove Sheer Moisture Leave In Replenshing Mist. (LOVE IT)

I get swing, moisture and the dry look but without looking dry.

Kamilah said:
Garnier Fructis Length and Strength Split Ends Treatment

The Garnier I find is useful after washing- but lasts until the next wash. The two moisturizers both work best when sealed in w/the slightest bit of WGO.

HTH!

Co-signing on the Garnier! I wish they made the L & S leave-in in bigger containers though.

I have this problem too. I'll moisturize my hair and my mom will ask me if I just took a shower. I'm working on just putting 1 product on my hair to see if that makes a difference.

SophiaRose said:
and have the dry look,

Hmm that's interesting...I've never had that problem with moisturizing dry hair. I think it may either be the moisturizer that you're using or it could be that you're applying too much moisturizer at one time b/c its definitely possible to moisturize and have the blow in the wind hair that you want. Also another thing that helps me is moisturizing at night, that way in the morning the moisturizer should have penetrated and evaporated somewhat and I just style and go w/o the greasy hair feel.

Remember a little goes a long way no matter what moisturizer you're using. I read on here one day that if your hair is wet you're using too much and it helped me greatly.

I'm cosigning on the Dove leave-in mist. Also, if you use a really good DC you won't have to worry as much about daily mositurizing. Or, you could moisturize at night before you wrap, roll, bantu, or whatever you do to ensure that your hair is dry and ready-to-go.

Back