Moisturize and Seal Question

lina

I find that when I use a water based moisturizer my hair reverts (I'm texlaxed). For those of you who use a water based moisturizer, does sealing with an oil prevent your hair from reverting?

Are you saying that is happens after you have flat ironed your hair?

If so, then after a flat iron I usually do not use water based moisturizers. I stick to using a small amount of serum or light oil until my wash day.

I use water based moisturizers all the time I just go for the thicker ones like Bee mine balancing, or elasta qp mango butter. If your fav moisturizer is runny try moisturizing at night right before wrapping your hair

I am texlaxed as well so when i want to wear my hair straight for a while I don't use water based moisturizers because my hair will wave up.

I'm natural and I don't usually use a water based moisturizer when straight. I just stick to using an oil that will penetrate the hair strand (usually coconut or evoo) and that's enough for me. I do have a couple moisturizers I use sometimes that won't revert my hair if used lightly.

I find that when I use a water based moisturizer my hair reverts (I'm texlaxed). For those of you who use a water based moisturizer, does sealing with an oil prevent your hair from reverting?

When my hair is fresh relaxed or flat ironed, I only use oil based moisturizers...or just oil. Most of the time I don't care if it's bone straight or not, so I'll use my Water based moisturizers.

Thanks for all the responses!! I just tried an water based moisturizer and my hair hated it. So I guess I don't have to worry about using those type of moisturizers.

I use a water based moisturizer the night before I go to the salon, because it reverts my hair. I'm referring to the Bonner Bros Castor Aloe hair lotion. My hair is pressed, so I don't use the moisturizer after I leave the salon. However, my stylist will use a water based moisturizer before he presses my hair.

Back