Modified hair pudding recipe that worked wonders.....

fancypants007

I was using the hair pudding recipe from Softresses with the Aphoghee + cholerestol + oil every week when I deep conditioned, and I decided to modify it because I was a little afraid of using the aphoghee every week. So I used this past weekend a concoction of Wella kolesterol + Dark and Lovely Intense Protein conditioner + kemi oil; mixed it all together and applied to my hair; sit under the dryer for 30 minutes, followed with a acv rinse and my hair was so moisturized that detangling my hair was a breeze. This is now my weekly deep conditioner. I remember lovelya4ever(redhotlala) who has beautiful long, long hair said she always mixes protein conditioner with her moisturising conditioner. I've heard good things about Wella kolesterol and decided to use it, and it was absolutely fantastic! My hair is thanking me. Just wanted to share.

Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

I've never tried any well products but I'll keep this in mind. Right now I condition every two weeks using a modified version of Softresses Recipe too.

I use the Aphogee, Dark & Lovely (thinner consistency) or Silk Elements (thicker and smells great) with Castor Oil. I too have found this to be a hair saver (thank you Softresses for posting this!! :kiss). I was wondering about the Aphogee so frequently too.

I'm going to look into the Wella and Dark and Lovely conditioners when I use up my current supply.

Vixx

VWVixxen said:
Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

I've never tried any well products but I'll keep this in mind. Right now I condition every two weeks using a modified version of Softresses Recipe too.

I use the Aphogee, Dark & Lovely (thinner consistency) or Silk Elements (thicker and smells great) with Castor Oil. I too have found this to be a hair saver (thank you Softresses for posting this!! :kiss). I was wondering about the Aphogee so frequently too.

I'm going to look into the Wella and Dark and Lovely conditioners when I use up my current supply.

Vixx

Vixxen, do you where i can find the like to Softness recipe? I did a search but did not find anything.

TIA

Kalayani said:
Vixxen, do you where i can find the like to Softness recipe? I did a search but did not find anything.

TIA

:wave: You'll find it in her journal along with a lot of other GREAT info!! Here's the direct link.

Fancypants,

Thanks for this thread! I have been using the pudding w/ Aphogee Reconstructor and I'm almost positive that my hair is breaking due to too much protein. I had decided to just nix the applications for awhile but thanks to you I will just add con w/ protein. Something that's not too heavy. But first I'm going to try and get a moisture/protein balance thanks to Sistaslick!

Snuckles and Kayalani, you're both very welcome! Enjoy her journal, it's one of my favorites!

Mocha5 said:
Fancypants,

Thanks for this thread! I have been using the pudding w/ Aphogee Reconstructor and I'm almost positive that my hair is breaking due to too much protein. I had decided to just nix the applications for awhile but thanks to you I will just add con w/ protein. Something that's not too heavy. But first I'm going to try and get a moisture/protein balance thanks to Sistaslick!

I understand about the breakage, I just didn't want to start something. Anyhow, I just picked up my second tube of Wella Kolestreal and you can get it at Sally's. This is what it says:

"A rich conditioning treatment with moisturizing emollients that revitalize damaged hair.

Sizes: 1.75 oz

Go ahead – feed your hair a healthy diet of Kolestral Concentrate. It’s good food for hair!

Restores shine to dull hair
Helps counteract brittleness
Makes hair silkier, healthier looking and manageable
Contains lanolin to moisturize dry, itchy scalp
Immediately improves hair and scalp condition

Usage Tips
Use with heat for more intensive treatment."

The Dark and Lovely Intense Protein conditioner was just right. It was not hardcore, but nonetheless it says it would strengthen your hair. I've decided to rollerset my hair using Lonei's ponytail method this weekend and I'm planning on taking pictures. I'm on the sweet success challenge that will officially be over on April 30th. I promised I was going to post pictures, so I want to keep my promise. I have not worn my hair down for over a year and I'm just hoping that it will turn out great.

Thanks for the info. I'm banned from the bss for minute but I may have to sneak this after I get my hair balanced. Oooh, I can't wait to see your hair! :p

Back