Model model hair

Caychica

Has anyone tried Model Model Indi afro hair? I want to use this as an alternative to Bohbraz cause its a lot cheaper. I attached a pic.

Attachments

• IndiAfroCurl_M.jpg
    IndiAfroCurl_M.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 131
I like their pieces, I have a phony pony that I loved to wear, only reason I don't wear it anymore is because I have gotten my hair highlighted in a different color since then. I may get another one.

I have used this hair and it works well for me! I am not willing to pay for the higher quality

I will post pics below of when I wore it before...sorry in advance the pics will be huge!

DSCF1998.jpg

and here is a close up of the blend

DSCF2001.jpg

Now I used 12inch 1B and it matches pretty well for me. As far as blending and upkeep I followed the method used by a girl on youtube I am subsribed too. I will post below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do4GVGj1cq4

Hope this helps

I actually I plan on installing this hair in about a week or so.

ppg0069, did the hair tangle a lot?

Im not gonna lie there was some tangling and shedding the first time (more me ripping out hair than shedding :wallbash:), but not anymore than what is to be expected 4rm having curly hair.

The second time around I virtually eliminated this problem by sleeping in 4 or 6 lrg twist at night. I would untwist in the morning and spritz lightly with water and I was on my way. This took all of 5 or 10 minutes each night so it was well worth it!

I found that this hair performed best when I Co-washed it weekly with tressume smooth and silky condish. I would wet just the hair not my scalp. Then I would wash my scalp and the hair every two weeks.

I have used this hair and it works well for me! I am not willing to pay for the higher quality

I will post pics below of when I wore it before...sorry in advance the pics will be huge!

Im not gonna lie there was some tangling and shedding the first time (more me ripping out hair than shedding :wallbash:), but not anymore than what is to be expected 4rm having curly hair.

The second time around I virtually eliminated this problem by sleeping in 4 or 6 lrg twist at night. I would untwist in the morning and spritz lightly with water and I was on my way. This took all of 5 or 10 minutes each night so it was well worth it!

I found that this hair performed best when I Co-washed it weekly with tressume smooth and silky condish. I would wet just the hair not my scalp. Then I would wash my scalp and the hair every two weeks.

Thank you.

It looks good!! & it blended so nice. I'm sure the shedding is no worst than bohbraz lol but that hair is so thick its not noticeable. I think I'm going to look into sealing the wefts.

How long were you able to keep the hair in?

Thank you.

It looks good!! & it blended so nice. I'm sure the shedding is no worst than bohbraz lol but that hair is so thick its not noticeable. I think I'm going to look into sealing the wefts.
not to be discouraging, but with these cheaper brands of hair, sealing doesn't really help. Right now, I have Janet Indi Afro Curl, which is of comparable price and the same texture as the Model Model.
I sealed with some Fray Block (recommended by lots of ladies on BHM), and it's still shedding every time i run my fingers through it. It's not horrible, though, I've just decided to stop touching it. :look:

not to be discouraging, but with these cheaper brands of hair, sealing doesn't really help. Right now, I have Janet Indi Afro Curl, which is of comparable price and the same texture as the Model Model.
I sealed with some Fray Block (recommended by lots of ladies on BHM), and it's still shedding every time i run my fingers through it. It's not horrible, though, I've just decided to stop touching it. :look:

thanks.

Looking at my options, I guess its better for me to just save until I can buy the real remi hair like extensions plus and re-use the bohbraz in the meantime.

Hmmm...I may have to consider this hair instead of Bohyme Brazilian. I'm still working my up to that price point. I don't want to start spending money on hair when my self-installs aren't 100% yet.

I considered buying this brand of weave... but combing and styling all of that hair seemed like it wasn't really a time savings over doing my OWN hair, lol, which is what I want in a weave.

and here is a close up of the blend

Now I used 12inch 1B and it matches pretty well for me. As far as blending and upkeep I followed the method used by a girl on youtube I am subsribed too. I will post below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do4GVGj1cq4

Hope this helps

I actually I plan on installing this hair in about a week or so.

How many packs of hair did you use?

Hmmm...I may have to consider this hair instead of Bohyme Brazilian. I'm still working my up to that price point. I don't want to start spending money on hair when my self-installs aren't 100% yet.

Yeah thats a lot of money to waste. If u get it post pics please!

I considered buying this brand of weave... but combing and styling all of that hair seemed like it wasn't really a time savings over doing my OWN hair, lol, which is what I want in a weave.

lol yeah, a full head install with straight hair is easier. my cousin just brushes & goes while I'm spraying & gellin lol but it looks better on me & i dont like weaves with no hair left out.

OT: ur hair is pretty

How long were you able to keep the hair in?

For the second time around when I figured out how to maintain the hair. I had the weave in for 6 weeks and I actually reused the hair for another 4 week install.

and I actually straightened the hair once and it reverted just fine. the hair looke good straight kind of resemble AA hair texture and at least was blendable and believeable.

How many packs of hair did you use?

i bought two but only ended up using one pack. The hair is really full and I didnt want the curly mop look.

so each time I install I just buy a single pack and I may use a small track or two from the left over pack....but I have a tiny head like a toddler :lachen:so take what I say with grain of salt.

It actually saves a lot of time IMO because any "curly" style will require some maintenance. I spent a good 10 mins to do 4/6 large sloppy twists and flat twist my own hair at night. and some night I do nothing at all and it looks fine *shoulder shrug*

and combing is nothing like your own hair. Its a breeze! l just spritz and give it a couple strokes with a vent brush and all is well! I will never be able to do that with my own kinky curls! thats for sure! :lachen:

I used this hair but i created clipin hair pieces

super cute! What did you do with the hair between the clips.... I am loving the Idea of clip-in just dont know what to do

did you leave the rest of your hair loose or do you braid?

I had it for the weave challenge and didn't like it that much so I took it out within 2 weeks. But I made a half wig out of it and now I love it (I co-wash the wig once a week to detangle and revive the curls from everyday wear)

-2.jpg

(I didn't blend my hair in this pic, it was in a bun lol :look:)

I had it for the weave challenge and didn't like it that much so I took it out within 2 weeks. But I made a half wig out of it and now I love it (I co-wash the wig once a week to detangle and revive the curls from everyday wear)

(I didn't blend my hair in this pic, it was in a bun lol :look:)

that looks good!! I really like the texture. Why didnt u like it as an install?

What I did was prepare my hair as if i was going to do a twist out and use flexirods on the end. (of course predetermined where i was going to place the clipins before i began.

After my hair was dry I undid the twist and started to place the clips ins and blended.

I have also french braided my hair in the back and left the front out (twist out) and added the clips ins that way.

super cute! What did you do with the hair between the clips.... I am loving the Idea of clip-in just dont know what to do

did you leave the rest of your hair loose or do you braid?

that looks good!! I really like the texture. Why didnt u like it as an install?

For me the main problem was maintaining it when I slept, no matter how many different ways I wrapped it, it was always matted and flat in the morning. I'd have to spray it with water and detangle every morning. But as a half wig I can take it off at night and it can maintain its shape.

Back