Mode de Vie

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Has anyone here tried Mode de Vie Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner? It's all the rage at nc.com. I'm interested in knowing if anyone with Type 4 hair--relaxed and natural--have had good results with it.

The ingredient list is impressive...

Shampoo-
purified water, magnesium laurylsulfate, decyl polyglucose, hydroxyethyl dimonium, chloride glycolicstearate, propylene glycol, peg7, glyceryl cocoate, shea butter, hydroxypropyl, quar, hydroxydecyltrimonium chloride (natural derivative of quar gum), tropical tree extract, vanilla.

Conditioner-
purified water, quaternium 27, shea butter, vanilla essential oil, tropical tree extract.

They are available in health food stores. webvitamins.com seems to be the cheapest place to buy them online:

Shampoo

Conditioner

I tried the conditioner once..I wasn't overly impressed with it..but I had bad hair habits back then so that could be part of it.. I will say that their shea butter based lip balm Karite Lips is the only thing I have used for the past few years..it lasts forever as it should since it is $5!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
shandaMichelle said:
I will say that their shea butter based lip balm Karite Lips is the only thing I have used for the past few years..it lasts forever as it should since it is $5!

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did you purchase the shea butter based lip balm? Sounds good. TIA.

I purchased it at the beauty supply around the corner from where I live..it's called Beauty Collection. I would imagine that any place that carried the hair products would have the lip balm as well though.. I remember I bought the conditioner at Whole Foods..HTH!

Sassy,

I am not a 4, but I was not impressed. I tend to search out more natural and organic products and my overall feeling is that with both the shampoo and conditioner, they were grossly overpriced. I tried these sometime last year and picked them up at Whole Foods.

I saw the raves over at NC and was frankly surprised. I think the conditioner is the better of the two, but it sure didn't work for me like AO's Island Spice Cream Rinse or Elucence.

On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the worst and 5 best, I'd give the shampoo a 1 and the conditioner 2.5. I never bought either product again.

~Jade~

Their Shea Butter is nice too, but from batch to batch, the consistency of the product is inconsistent. :( (it's refined)

Back