which one do you prefer

• Mane N Tail

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mega Tek

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
i am a newbie and have been wondering what is the difference between mane n tail and mega tek? which one is better for the hair? which one do you prefer? can they be used the same time?

i am a newbie and have been wondering what is the difference between mane n tail and mega tek? which one is better for the hair? which one do you prefer? can they be used the same time?

Which products are you talking about specifically?

Mane n Tail is a line of shampoos and conditioners. MegaTek is a protein growth aid that can be rinsed out or used as a leave in. I don't think the products can be compared.

i had no idea... i thought they did the same thing. so im asuming that i can use them both at the same time

Sure. You can find Mane n Tail at any store, probably on the top or bottom self, since it's not that popular. I personally don't like the shampoo or conditioners, so you should read some reviews before buying. I think a liter is about $4...I would compare the line to Garnier Frutris (because I don't like either).

Megatek is about $30 and only sold in equine stores or online. Definitely read up on it before buying/using.

Are you by chance confusing Mane n Tail with MTG (Mane Tail Groom)? MTG is much more similar to MT. Both are known to cause longer/faster hair growth.

Megatek is a growth aid that should be mixed with oil b4 putting it on ur scalp or hair. I see that your expecting, I wouldn't use MT until after you give birth just to be safe.

Main and Tail works well for my hair, the shampoo is cool but I am in love with the moisturizing deep conditioner. I use that has a deep conditioner with heat and my hair always feels nice. Hope this helped.

i will wait before i use mt... i am excited and cant wait to puchase it... im just nervous about the shedding. mnt i currently have the deep conditioner, i used it once as a leave in and my hair felt so soft and manageable. i will continue using it.

manter26 said:
Which products are you talking about specifically?

Mane n Tail is a line of shampoos and conditioners. MegaTek is a protein growth aid that can be rinsed out or used as a leave in. I don't think the products can be compared.

I can leave MegaTek IN??? I didn't no that. That stuff makes mi hair sooo soft

MegaTek is a just conditioner that is used as a growth aid. Both are super strong protein conditioners. Mane n Tail isn't as strong as MegaTek because they're marketing it for humans now but it started off for horses.

Back