MNT cond. as a protein treatment?

FLAME

Mane`n`Tail as a protein treatment?

I can't believe I've been on this board for almost 2 years and I'm still baffled by the concept of protein.:ohwell:

Ok, well here's the deal. I just colored my hair last Sunday, and according to Tracy,(color guru), you should always alternate between a moisturising conditioner and one with protien at least once a week. (at least I HOPE this is what she said :look: )

Anyway, my question is this.

Can I use Mane`n`tail cond as a mild protein treatment, or is this way too mild to provide any substantial form of reinforcement for my strands?

Also, my hair really cant handle too much protein or it begins to break. I hope I gave you enough background info,
So what do you think I should do?

Last edited:
Although I don't color, I would say that using MNT as a mild form of protein might be OK, IF you are used to using the product. I tell folks all the time that you really have to work with it at first, because it's not like other shampoos/conditioners :) It is safe for color-treated hair though, so you should be alright.

Try it out because it won't hurt your hair. I haven't done a real protein treatment in several months and all I use MNT and I have'nt had any problems.

If all else fails, you can check the long MNT thread and you might find some users that have used it in conjunction w/color.

HTH,
SG

Back