MN- What brand do you use?

Ms. Plain Jane

Hey ladies. I was in the pharmacy yesterday and saw this:

MN-vi.jpg

I've been wanting to try MN for some time now (thanks y'all :rolleyes:) and decided to purchase this kind since it was on sale for less than $3. Here's what the tube looks like:

MN2-vi.jpg

Does anyone else use this brand? If not, which brand do you use? Can you post a pic?

I use the Family Dollar brand (when I can get back home to Virginia Beach to buy it).

I use the Family Dollar Brand bought at any Family Dollar
HTH

my girlfriend said that she tried it after someone raved about it to her, (that made me want to try it) but then she told me that she had to stop because she was getting such bad headaches from it? i asked if she was sure it was from that, and she said yes because, she never got headaches before using it, and she stopped having headaches after she stopped using it. did this happen to any1 else? i see so many ppl here talking abot it, you cant all be havng headaches -can you?

Ive used it for about 2 weeks on a clean scalp with no problens. Last night I applied it to a freshly washed scalp and developed a damn headache :wallbash:. I was mad. BUT I can't attribute it to the MN...I didn't eat or drink alot of water yesterday like I normally do and the night before I went to bed late. I am prone to migraines anyway. So I dont know what brought it on. I am gonna try some MN again tonight and see what happens.

I use Monistat 3 which is pricey as hell but worth it! I use it in my sulfur mix and I relax my hair next week because I do it every eight weeks and normally I only have 1/2" after two months this time of year but , now I have AT LEAST a good 1 1/4" of growth which is a lmost triple my growth rate! I've tried the Wal-Mart brand of MN, and recently bought the Neosporin AF which both have mineral oil in it. I wasn't too happy about that so I've been using it only for the past week since I stopped with the sulfur mixture last wek because I plan to relax soon, so I use the MN only. And then a few de I relax I wash my hair and apply NOTHING until relax day.

those getting headaches are you putting the MN on directly or mixing with other oils/carrier agents/greases?

I've been using the family dollar brand in a mix.

With the New Year I am going to try a new regimen. I relax next Saturday so I am going to start the new regimen then.

(1) Relax every 8 weeks no matter how much growth I get.

(2) Use one pack of Monistat 3 (4% MN).

(3) After that one pack of Monistat 3 is gone, use the Family Dollar 2% MN until it is time to relax again.

(4) I am going to use the MN straight because using it mixed was too messy using twice a day everyday.

I'll report back in four months to tell ya'll how I did.

Back