***MN users......any side affects????

A856

Hey all....
I was wondering if any of you experienced and sice affects from using MN. I recently(well actually in the last 3wks).... have had severe upper body itching. And it's been driving me crazy! :spinning: I'm thinking it's from using MN....I went to the dermatologist I didn't dare tell her that I'm using MN on my hair:nono:. She says whatever it is it's giving you a mild case of hives. So she gave me some meds and said to come back in 4 wks.
So yeah I've held off using my MN mixture which consisted of MN, WGO & surge....I'm tempted to throw it away but it worked so well. I think I'll just use up the rest and be done with MN.....

BUT first I wanna know if anyone else is having any side affects??

I had an adverse reaction to MN. I put it on in the evening, when I woke up in the morning, I suffered from nausea and light headedness, I was in the bed for 2 days behind being sick from using it. I immediately stopped usage.

I had terrible headaches. Even after I stopped and went back to using it, mixing it as others ladies did to alleviate the headaches, I still had them. It was terrible.

Not worth it, for me anyway.

That stuff does crank out the NG faster, but I just cannot get down with it.

I had terrible headaches. Even after I stopped and went back to using it, mixing it as others ladies did to alleviate the headaches, I still had them. It was terrible.

Not worth it, for me anyway.

That stuff does crank out the NG faster, but I just cannot get down with it.

RIGHT!!! All the more reason why I can't see myself just dumping out what I have left cause it's good stuff!!! So I think I will use what I have and be done with it.....I guess there's a reason for everything..huh??

um, is hives worth having just to get a little newgrowth hon? ya'll please be careful using this stuff. thats all i wanted to say

It might be the combination of all products together? If after using 'your' mixture (1 or 2 more times), you notice the itching - i'd stop..not worth it considering the itching may be a symptom of a larger underlying issue.:sad:

Since the tube was $5 I'd just buy another tube and mix with some of the other recipes.

Last edited:
The first few days I used it there was no problem. But after like day 7, I started having extreme headaches at night and pressure behind my eyes. I was like "oh hayl naw" so I stopped using it.

Also, I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but I made my mom and I a mixture to use on our temples. Around the same time that the headaches started, there were a few occasions where I would be sitting on my couch watching tv or whatever. All of a sudden I would see a dark spot whizzing:roadrunner: by in my peripheral vision, thinking it was a bug or mouse or something I would turn around, and nothing was there. Later my mother told me the same thing (she waited until i mentioned it, she didnt want to sound crazy lol) So again, "Oh Hayl Naw" that sucka was making me have hallucinations!! :nono: I learned my lesson though, no more get rich quick schemes for me.

I have mos' definitely experienced headaches and upper body itching, esp. around my chest and back shoulder area. :perplexed I hate to stop using my MN mixture cos' it's working well, but I can't take the itching anymore and I'm beginning to be afraid of what other reactions I may get. I've been using my MN mixture since 12/1/07 and I've gotten about 2 inches of NG so I was luvin it, but now I'm scurrrrred!!! :nono:

oh wow, this thread is about to make me throw mine out. I've been using it for 3 weeks and i've had nothing out of the ordinary happen. Now whenever i feel sick imma blame it on that MN. maybe it is something thats just too good to be true. your health is worth more than a little New Growth.

I stop using MN because I did not see the big deal. I do not see no hair growth..3weeks...but I know so many people that see major results from using this product.....but as for me..I know this sound crazy but at least if I had some headaches I can say it's doing something for me..but no ..
(Not even a Headache. )....:look:

I have mos' definitely experienced headaches and upper body itching, esp. around my chest and back shoulder area. :perplexed I hate to stop using my MN mixture cos' it's working well, but I can't take the itching anymore and I'm beginning to be afraid of what other reactions I may get. I've been using my MN mixture since 12/1/07 and I've gotten about 2 inches of NG so I was luvin it, but now I'm scurrrrred!!! :nono:

DITTO!!!! all the way around....the itching has gotten better thanks to the new meds...but before I'd have itching in the same areas....i'd start on my left forearm...then upper right shoulder then under my left breast, then my left arm again, back of my neck, under my chin, then back to my upper back right shoulder :spinning: i was going crazy and benadryl wasn't doin nothing but putting me to sleep.....
but i too am wondering what other underlying problems may occur......my worse fear is going BALD, hair coming out in patches etc!!! I'd be so friggin M.A.D!!!

oh well it was good while it lasted

DITTO!!!! all the way around....the itching has gotten better thanks to the new meds...but before I'd have itching in the same areas....i'd start on my left forearm...then upper right shoulder then under my left breast, then my left arm again, back of my neck, under my chin, then back to my upper back right shoulder :spinning: i was going crazy and benadryl wasn't doin nothing but putting me to sleep.....
but i too am wondering what other underlying problems may occur......my worse fear is going BALD, hair coming out in patches etc!!! I'd be so friggin M.A.D!!!

oh well it was good while it lasted
:lachen::lachen::lachen: I lie to you not, when I read the bolded part, my back started itching and my leg started itching... that was crazy! I guess talking about itching is like yawning...

I have never used MN and don't think that I ever will, but I did want to comment on this post.

IMO, I think if you experience side effects using ANY products (not just coming down on MN), you should stop using them and if the side effects continue you may have to seek medical advice.

Side effects = Sumthin' not right
Side effects = Stop doing what you are doing

I'm glad that you guys posted this... I had some MN that I decided to give a small try to see what the hype was about... Worked wonders except I couldnt figure out the reason for oooooone little problem....

HIVES!!!!
I broke out in hives and couldnt figure out for the life of me what was causing it... Thought it was perfume, Pantene, Nexxus, castor oil, SAA.... Slowly started eliminating all of it... I wasnt even using the MN consistently... It was all over my body - legs, arms, stomach, back, breasts. I scratched so much that I have little nicks that left marks on my skin, lol. The only thing that would relieve it was running HOT water on my skin in the shower and Sarna lotion... Benedryl pills did a little but not much. So this makes soooooooooo much sense now. I'm sitting here itching like a crazy woman! I even think there's a spot on my hair line which seems to me to look thinner.... This ish is going in the TRASH!:nono::nono:

I'm curious to know what BRAND you all are using...
those of you who've had bad experiences.

I thing there was a thread about this where a
specific brand caused these side effects.

I'm glad that you guys posted this... I had some MN that I decided to give a small try to see what the hype was about... Worked wonders except I couldnt figure out the reason for oooooone little problem....

HIVES!!!!
I broke out in hives and couldnt figure out for the life of me what was causing it... Thought it was perfume, Pantene, Nexxus, castor oil, SAA.... Slowly started eliminating all of it... I wasnt even using the MN consistently... It was all over my body - legs, arms, stomach, back, breasts. I scratched so much that I have little nicks that left marks on my skin, lol. The only thing that would relieve it was running HOT water on my skin in the shower and Sarna lotion... Benedryl pills did a little but not much. So this makes soooooooooo much sense now. I'm sitting here itching like a crazy woman! I even think there's a spot on my hair line which seems to me to look thinner.... This ish is going in the TRASH!:nono::nono:

Mine looked like welts and it was just awful...

FYI i was using the Rite Aid generic brand....

Wow mine was the Rite Aid generic brand too! The 3 day treatment - 4% MN :ohwell::blush:

The hives do look like little welts. But I scratched them to death and my skin is very sensitive to rubbing/bumping/scraping etc. So even the tiniest nick leaves a scar behind. I'm now applying Mederma, moisturizing with Shea Butter/Vitamin E oil, and a light application of Ambi to the affected (my aesthetician suggested it).

Last edited:
NONE! just lots of NG:look:...sorry u ladies are having a rought time with this...maybe its your mixture and how often u r applying it 2 your scalp :rolleyes:

I had headaches from applying it too often, but cut back to once a day and everything was okay. I have had great growth from it.

yeah, i hate that people are having negative affects from this. but someone mentioned in another thread that a lot of things aren't for everyone.

I was using the Family Dollar brand w/a mixture of oils ...but I am going to try a different brand and apply only once a day. I don't know if I want to give up yet, but I am not going to just try to live with these side effects!

Loving my MN mix, but the Indian Oils (alma and shikakai) gave me the itches like crazy.....I just did my first self install and I am going to see how much growth I get using the MN daily for the next 4-6 weeks....when I remove my sew-in......will keep you all posted.....

I have been using the MN mixture for about 2 weeks to get my missing hair on my right temple back and so far so good. I use the Family Dollar brand once a day in the evening. My mixture includes the following:
Family Dollar 2% MN
Natures Blessings Pomade
Boundless Tresses
Peppermint Oil (Essential)
Rosemary Oil (Essential)

And to completely answer the question in the thread I have not had any headaches or anything while using it so far........:ohwell:

Wait..what's MN again?:ohwell:

edit-oh nvm i see what it is. Hmmm, I should look into it. My bf thinks I'm crazy anyways. I have wigs and MTG bacon juice so a little monistat for my hair won't surprise him...:lachen:

Last edited:
i'm sorry to hear what's happening to you ladies with MN.
i was using MN 4% and i was itchy in my scalp more than anywhere else. i was digging like mad. then i read in one of the MN threads that the 4% can do this to you, so i switched to 2% and the itches are gone.
I was also mixing mine with alot of different EO oils. well i read somewhere again that if you experience bumps on your scalp from your MN mixture, it is possible that one or more of the EOs might be too strong for your concoction especially if you put too many drops. so i decided to test my eos on my scalp for a few days just in spots and i mixed only 4 of them with my MN and i use it every other day. or every 2 days.

Headaches i don't remember getting but if i do i know i need to drink more water....

Back