MN,MTG,OCT etc...Do they really work or could it b something more...

FlawedBeauty

I was just thinking about this the other day in regards to whether topical growth aids really do work.

Has anyone ever thought that it may not be the product itself that is helping the hair grow, but rather the increased stimulation to the scalp that may be aiding in accelerated growth?

What I mean is: If someone has been doing the same thing to their hair on a constant basis, and it is nothing more than the usual wash/protective style with no real attention to the scalp itself, and the hair is growing at a normal rate. This same person gets hold of a new product that is supposed to help grow hair faster, and is applying it daily through constantly massaging it into the scalp.

Is it possible that this new stimulation of the scalp could be the thing that is causing the hair to grow at a somewhat accelerated pace and not the product itself; since they do say increased scalp stimulation leads to faster growth because it increases the blood flow to the hair follicles or something like that. This is just something I was thinking about. :spinning: Well back to work. :sad:

So what would u say if someone that has been stimulating his/her scalp everyday for 6 months and received 1/2" added one of those growth aids into his/her do and received 1" ?

They just started stimulating extra hard ?

They really work. I have never mega-saged or scritched. I just apply and keep it moving, yet my hair has and is growing.

ETA: with the usage of the aids, my has has grown at faster rates, i.e my edges were like non-existent after micros and after 2 weeks of MTG they had filled in.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this the other day in regards to whether topical growth aids really do work.

Has anyone ever thought that it may not be the product itself that is helping the hair grow, but rather the increased stimulation to the scalp that may be aiding in accelerated growth?

What I mean is: If someone has been doing the same thing to their hair on a constant basis, and it is nothing more than the usual wash/protective style with no real attention to the scalp itself, and the hair is growing at a normal rate. This same person gets hold of a new product that is supposed to help grow hair faster, and is applying it daily through constantly massaging it into the scalp.

Is it possible that this new stimulation of the scalp could be the thing that is causing the hair to grow at a somewhat accelerated pace and not the product itself; since they do say increased scalp stimulation leads to faster growth because it increases the blood flow to the hair follicles or something like that. This is just something I was thinking about. :spinning: Well back to work. :sad:

Part of it could be the massaging but I have massaged scalp for years with oils and I never had seen the growth I get with megatek. I don't even apply it everday and I don't massage my scalp with it really. I see results with megatek even when it is only on my scalp for 5 minutes and then rinsed off.

I think the fundamental premise behide growth aids is to improve the growing conditions in the scalp. One way to do that is by increasing circulation but that is just the begining of it.

Back