Mizani'e Hair Texture Chart

I quite like as I can finally see a texture that looks like mine rather than guess from description only.

The pictures do a good job of showing the textures. I can see the textures better. The other pictures from miles away does nothing for me.

Would Type IV = 3b?
V = 3c or 4a?
VI = 4b?

Last edited:
This is my texture. :yep:

Lnd_Type7.jpg

Very Coiled.

I like it. It's definately more detailed and inclusive.

But vkb, ummm... the dude in your siggy... WTH???!! :blush::lachen::blush::lachen::lachen:

Very informative. I like that they give product recs for what to use for the various hair types also since I'm interested in trying Mizani.

Someone posted this system in the Transitioning w/o BC thread and I do like the description for the types but I think they need better pics.

vkb247--OT that site is a mess :lachen:!

I'm III in the front and back, IV all over my noggin. Anybody else look at the product recommendations and drool? I'm such a PJ.

OMG OP your Santa is killing me!

It has pictures, so that's cool. I think it might have one of the problems some other charts have had, which is that the tighest textures aren't shown in their natural state. The last picture especially, type VIII, looks like hair that's been combed while heavily moisturized or wet and then patted into shape. It's too perfectly round to be natural, like my sno-cone hair here:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/pre-2007/nicehairpreboards.html

Type 7 looks like type 8 that hasn't been as patted into shape, like it's been stretched with fingers or combed, like my afro here:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2007-hair-1/pinnedfroprofile.html

Even type VI looks like my hair when blow dried with a comb attachment. I suspect types VI - VIII show altered hair, which makes it harder to pic out which texture is yours.

Someone posted this a while back, and I like it. I like the explanation of my 4b/VIII hair having a raised cuticle.

I guess I'm a Type V-- "Very Curly.":

The thing I liked about it was not the pics (which were pretty hard to see and the hair appeared played about with like mwedzi suggested) but that they added important tidbits like: "Type V grows down from the scalp and then curls" v. "Type VI grows up/out from the scalp and then curls."

That makes a bigger difference to me than merely the size of one's curls or coils.

Although I don't understand this under Type V: BODY / VOLUME: Reduced volume with some movement. Prone to be compact.

I also don't understand why "corkscrews" are listed under Curly instead of Very Curly. I guess this system really doesn't rely on curl size, the way Andre's does. In which case, I'd be a mix of Type Curly and Type Very Curly.

I'm III in the front and back, IV all over my noggin. Anybody else look at the product recommendations and drool? I'm such a PJ.

OMG OP your Santa is killing me!

Some of those products definitely look yummy. I want to try the Coconut Souffle :lick:

Don't you think that legwarmers are one of the best ways to spice up a cold weather outfit?

None of the pictures look like my hair. The closest to my hair would be type V but my hair doesn't look like that naturally. It looks like that when blown out. The hair has also been manipulated in those pictures. It doesn't really matter though. I know what works for my hair so hairtyping is of no use to me.

I don't like it, especially compared to other hair typing systems that go more in depth.

1. All the kinky hair textures have been manipulated and coils combed out.

2. 5 lines to describe one hair texture over another?

I don't like any hair typing system, but this one is overly simplified. There is no real "meat" to it or information given. imo How can you reliably tell hair type on blown out hair? Seriously.

I'm surprised that so many like it. lol

I don't like it, especially compared to other hair typing systems that go more in depth.

1. All the kinky hair textures have been manipulated and coils combed out.

2. 5 lines to describe one hair texture over another?

I don't like any hair typing system, but this one is overly simplified. There is no real "meat" to it or information given. imo How can you reliably tell hair type on blown out hair? Seriously.

I'm surprised that so many like it. lol

My thoughts exactly. Although I will admit that it brought light to something I haven't given much thought which is the direction in which the curls grow in relation to the scalp. But these pictures clearly show dry, blown out, or otherwise altered hair. The chart has me confused.

Back