Mizani: Should I?

Amarech

On Friday I found out that my "candy store" of a BSS not only has everything I could ever want (y'all should see this place), it comes with its very own matching.....

Mizani certified stylist....

:yep:

Just when I felt I got the self relaxing thing down pat, I get this thrown at me!
Sooooo I wanted to know from the LHCF sistas who've actually gone to a stylist.
What's your hair type? How was the perm? Would you recommend?

At this point, money is not a concern. I'd only be going for my touch up every three months so I don't care how much it costs

I have coarse, thick 4a/4b hair. I've used Mizani mild for years. I haven't had any problems with it.

I think they're all lye. If you decide to get a Mizani relaxer maybe you can get the Butter Blend instead of the regular one. Some ladies here have used the Butter Blend and they love it. I haven't used it, though.

The Butter Blend and the regular come in Fine/Color Treated (the one I use), Medium/Normal, and Coarse/Resistant.

I was afraid of that:nono:. I think I may have to go no lye. Does Mizani have a no lye relaxer? Or is it soo good that they lye would be OK?

Mizani has a sensitive scalp relaxer that is no lye. It comes in a tub with a spatula and the activator. They are usually available in the BSS.

texasbeautysupplycom_1973_156565118

Anyhow, to address the the topic. I can't answer yet but I will be relaxing with Mizani for fine/color treated hair (mild) in December. I did do a strand test though and I was extremely pleased with the results. Straightened nicely and my hair that was tested felt silky, soft and strong. I will be posting my results on the forum after my touch-up.

Last edited:
Back