Mizani relaxer for sensitive scalp

NYCchild

Im so excited i dont even know where to begin
shocked.gif
lemme tell u this relaxer is the BEST relaxer ive ever used and ive used everything! originally ive been wanting to get the phyto and when sherryl. raved about it i went up to tha sephora where it was supposed to be... anyways wuznt and last week i ended up getting the mizani by chance..

Well... last week i wanted to relax but my scalp was itching like crazy (always is) even though i workout everyday and wash like crazy.. up to the second before i put the relaxer on my scalp was itching. But ladies... get this even fifteen minutes (wash out time) into the relaxer i was not burning one bit..

At first i thought it might be the scalp base i use but i know its not cause i always, always use it and as soon as my hairdresser or me (when i self relax) put on the relaxer - (previously affirm)... i would be screaming to go to tha sink....

Gals.... i sat thru this with not a twitch!!
shocked.gif
i even kept checking to see if my hair was even being processed - my hair is dead strate
grin.gif
even thought i didnt want to really be dead strate .... but im so happy, happy, happy - this is gona be my new relaxer for a loooong time to come
smile.gif
clap.gif

NYC, it's too funny that you mentioned mizani. I was just about to post a thread asking if anyone had used it.

My stylist used it on me once and I didn't feel a thing. What was even more amazing was the fact that she could wash it out with just water. The only thing that I noticed is that it didn't last very long in my hair. I have very strange hair...it looks like it should be easy to straighten, but can be quite the opposite.

I tried the Mizani relaxer for sensitive scalp this weekend also! I am hooked! I did not burn at all and my hair was straight but not too straight(which was a plus in my book).
clap.gif
I have used other Mizani products but their perm is a definite keeper!

Isnt it super
smile.gif
this is a keeper
smile.gif
well rite now my hair is looking so fabulous im besides my self - if it werent raining me and my kids would go out somewhere
look.gif
smirk.gif

i was just actually writing up my hair diary and just realized how much of a mix ive done.

Mizani - relaxed with
Affirm - neutralize
Affirm - reconstructor mixed with Jheri Redding Protein
Keracare - humecto deep cond.
Salerm - rollerset with the leave/in
Mizani - Thermal lotion a lite blow out

'xcuse moi while i git tha umbrella and go stand out on my deck for a sec
tongue.gif

I have been using Mizani Sensitive Relaxer for a year and I love it even my harsh dandruff shampoo does not affect it.

Yes this is a great relaxer! I made the mistake of using mizani mild for my last touchup instead of sensitive scalp but I'll definitely be going back. I have never burned with the sensitive scalp.

[ QUOTE ]
DahomeyAhosi said:
Yes this is a great relaxer! I made the mistake of using mizani mild for my last touchup instead of sensitive scalp but I'll definitely be going back. I have never burned with the sensitive scalp.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow! you burned w/ the mild? That's what I always use and EVERY OTHER RELAXER (with the exception of soft and beautiful botanicals) has burned me. You do know that the mild is lye and the sensitive scalp is no lye right?

No DJD I didn't know that and I'm very surprised after my hairdressers (who's been using mizani exclusively for over 10 years) told me Mizani doesn't make no-lye relaxers. Well even so it's still a keeper. Thanks for the info.

Girl yes!... I LOVE Mizani sensitive scalp...I mean there is no discomfort and it works so well...Mizani SS is the best relaxer I have had next to the Phytospecfic and Affirm...

Where do you guys get your relaxer? I'm thinking of using it when I touch up in a few weeks and I want to purchase from a reputable site. (If I can't trick the local BSS into selling it to me.
wink.gif
)

I found an online vendor with good reviews on the Vendor review board. I may try the bss if I can get out there today, otherwise I'll just order online. Thanks everyone.

Are u sure the ensitive scalp is no-lye? B/c that's what I've been using for a year and loving it!

The Mizani Sensitive scalp relaxer is the bomb! It has made me alot less anxious about getting my hair done.. this is from someone who has bawled in the stylist chair while getting the relaxer applied and washed out
smile.gif

IMO Mizani SS is much better. I used to use affirm regular and I was initially texturized with Affirm fiberguard. Mizani SS beats both hands down.

Good. I use Mizani medium and I have no tangle issues. I have not used the sensitive scalp, but the medium is the bomb!

ADVERTISMENT!!!!!

Dannie_19 has a huge tub of Mizani relaxer. If anybody wants to buy some PM me.

I LOVE Mizani sensitive scalp relaxer. That is what my stylists have used since I started wearing perms again in 2001. I must say that any damage that I experienced was due to my own workings, not the perm. Wherever I go I always request this perm. It works well with my hair, which is a fine texture.

Back