Mizani relaxer and 4/ab hair

gradygirl

Is there any ladies with 4/ab hair that use Mizani relaxer for fine/color treated hair? If so, does it straighten your hair to your liking and how long do you have to leave it on? I've been using regular strength but my scalp is sensitive and I burn really fast so I was thinking about giving the other formula a try and I wanted some more info before I ordered it.
Thanks in advance.

I'm 4b/c and a fan of Mizani Relaxer. I ised the green label mild and achieved great results. From start to finish (applying and smoothing roots) 20mins. If you are pretty fast in applying relaxer with even distribution (with 10-15mins) you only 5 mins of set time then rinse (20 mins MAX!) besides i find that once i start rinsing out that it's smoother than right before i rinse (I guess so much creme in there). Yet over the last 1 year I've been using Realistic mild/regular because after a while my hair gets immune to a certain relaxer and won't take as well. So in 9/06 I will go back to Mizani mild (green) my fav. HTH

Also, if you don't like bone straight hair, I suggest doing a dry run parting and fake applying relaxer to hair and time yourself, you can squeeze this process to 12mins and achieve free-flowing hair with body and light texture.

I used this before. I didn't like it. It did texlax well. But it burned the same. Also my hair felt kinda weak after this. Maybe it was just my experience.

With me I have tightly coiled dry kinky hair to say the least, and this makes my hair texture great and it seems to last longer than other types of relaxers i've used in the past. Gradygirl, keep in mind, many things play a part in what is considered a great relaxer for you. You have to consider length of time product has to stay in the hair to achieve optimal results (takes too long-may damage) (smooths hair cuticle/hair too fast) may be too strong. Acompaning products do they complement the relaxer? Sometimes you can buy a great relaxer just to find out that it's not that great unless you use their other branded products. I believe Mizani is one of those brands. Also, how much manipulating you've done to your hair prior to the relaxing process. If a lot it may cause irritation and scabbing to occur. Just a few tips to use not only with Mizani, but ANY Relaxer brand you choose now or in the future. Go with what your hair likes, and it will definitely tell you, by the way it grows,the speed of the growth or lack there of, moisture, sheen,etc. HTH

I used this for my last touch up and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. I have very thick 4 a/b hair and I probably processed for 20 min total. I had no burning, just a little tingle. I used motions for years and was always under processed. I would highly recommend this relaxer! :)

ETA: No damage to my hair whatsoever and I am growing out highlights.

MizaniMami said:
I used this before. I didn't like it. It did texlax well. But it burned the same. Also my hair felt kinda weak after this. Maybe it was just my experience.

No, it wasn't. :nono: I had the same one... and I wasn't trying to texlax!

I've used the Mizani relaxer a few times and I like it. The first time I tried it, it burned my scalp. I think that's because I didn't base my scalp enough and had been scratching. The last two times I used Mizani, I was very satisfied with the results. :)

Back