Mizani Moisturefuse Users!!!!

Well, I managed to get my hands on the original formula moisturefuse. As some of you know from an earlier post, we were arguing over the new moisturefuse which doesn't have any of the good stuff in it anymore e.g. rosemary, nettle, sage, chamomile, hair keratin etc.

I called up the NYC salon Free2beme went to and they stock Mizani. I had her read the ingredients to me which she kindly did and low and behold she has the original formula. I explained how I've been trying to find it everywhere in beauty supplies but they all have a new one with pure 'chemical' type ingredients. She said that what I'm seeing isn't a new one, its 'knock off' versions that they are selling. Apparently, Mizani Moisturefuse is only supposed to be sold at certified hair salons, the stuff bought at beauty supplies is a 'copy' version. In short, she said: "welcome to New York."

So it seems like Mizani haven't changed the formula at all. We just need to watch out for the 'fake' versions being sold all over under the Mizani name /images/graemlins/mad.gif I didn't think this was possible but obviously it is. The salon said that they re-purchase moisturefuse all the time so they don't have old versions, just the current same old version that Mizani always produces.

On a side note, this salon looks great. It looks very sleek, contemporary and tranquil. Like a high end salon. I looked around at the products by each hair station mirror and it was all high end products e.g. Kiehls, Keracare, Nexxus, etc. Nothing drugstore.

The receptionist had lovely hair too. Very short and really cute. Rollar sets there are $35. I'm definitely going to give them a try some day after work.

Gaaaaaah!!!! /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

I'm going to see what salons sell Mizani products around here... If the real version is better than the 32 oz bottle I already have, I'm gonna be /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

Knock-offs! /images/graemlins/mad.gif
Thanks brh!

Hey Sassygirl!

Keep me posted on your review of the correct version when you try it, minus any swearing of course /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You may not even notice a difference since you like the one you have but I think its much better as a principal to be using the real McCoy with all the herbs and stuff.

BRH, that is a little hard for me to believe that there are knock-off versions of this conditioner with the same identical look and packaging. Besides I bought some a few weeks ago from a Salon on base (they sell high-end products) and they have none of those good ingredients you listed. Maybe I can call Mizani and ask them for the ingredient listing. Yes, I'll try and do that tomorrow.

okay Armqt, definitely try contacting Mizani if you can and see what they said as I'd like to get to the root of this myself... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Maybe I'll try calling too. Just to see what is going on here...

Hi BRH,

That's interesting. Perhaps that's why my bottles are different from others. I buy my Mizani supply from a salon that is Mizani certified. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's weird BRH. One of the girls said that she noticed the packaging was different. I thought maybe she meant the box because the bottle still looks the same. I don't know. I'm going to check at stores where I used to buy Mizani and see if they still have the original formula.

I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Yes--that's what I meant to post the other night---the ingredients are VERY different. Which struck me as odd...they should have just given it a completely new name.

With the L'anza....the only thing they did was substitute one ingredient right? This is overkill on Nizani's part. And don't you think if you were making a knock off brand you'd stick a little more closely to the ingredient list?

The FIRST thing I would have noticed is that the part where they list the functions of the key ingredients is SHORTER. I might not have noticed the changes in the ingredient list itself though.

Davinne, I too noticed that the top part giving explainations of key ingredients is much shorter on the chemical version. The herb version is more comprehensive, definitely.

It'll be interesting to see what the response is from whoever reaches Mizani the company first. Is it a bunch of fakes out there selling under their name or is it just there newer version? the mystery deepens /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

All I know is that for me, its the herb version I love and want to just stick with. I'm a sucker for products with quality ingredient listings that include natural stuff.

I agree that with such an ingredient change, the knock off should be called something else!

Hmmmm...I don't know--I have called the JC Penney salon and had them to read ingredients over the phone and they have the "new" less impressive one. Also, when I was at Ulta last week, they had the "new " one too. The "new" one has the exact same scent as the original. Would a knock off have the same scent?

I used to get my hair done at JC Penney. They only purchase certified salon products. Maybe Mizani has changed the formula. Heck, I don't even use Mizani products, but I'll probably call them tomorrow too (if I get a chance). /images/graemlins/grin.gif This is interesting.

Allandra you make me laugh! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm reserving answering any further questions now about moisturefuse until I speak to Mizani. Anything else from here on is just us guessing...

I'll post my conversation tomorrow evening....

LOL.... Ya'll be on IT on this board... ya''ll not playing around.. yeah girl, get to the bottom of this and let us know... I looked at my bottle and it didn't say nothing about no rosemary just a bunch of words I couldn't pronounce...

Keep us updated.

Girl, yes we are on it like Sherlock. Hmph. I just looked up Clarisa Wilson's telephone number (the one in the article that I listed that's now Vice President of so-in-so). /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll definitely call her in the morning. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes, Allandra and BRH--let us know what you OFFICIALLY find out but...

I called Trade Secret (mall salon) and had them to read ingredients over the phone. And guess WHAT? They have the "real" one. So of course I went and got the last two 8 oz bottles they had. I hope it's true that this "new" one is just a knock off and that we'll still have access to the good ol' one. But um, me and JC Penney and Ulta need to sit down and discuss why they're bootleggin' Moisturefuse if this is the case /images/graemlins/smile.gif Yep!

You ladies should not be surprised that this conditioner could be knocked off. Have you every been to China Town in NYC? that is the ORIGINAL KNOCK-OFF CITY. They sell a copy of everything under the sun. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Good Morning!

One more thing BRH. What is the year on the back of your bottles of the original formula? The two that I bought last night actually have the year 1994 on them /images/graemlins/frown.gif My "new" one has 2002 on it, but so do any of my other recently purchased Mizani products (and they're all from salons)

So maybe we were able to get our hands on the original because they're really the old ones that haven't been sold yet.

Let a sista know!

I"ll raise the date issue when I call Mizani. I also saw the dates and noticed those were copyright dates I think.

I'll let you all know this evening. I can't post from work.

Thanks for the update, BRH. Moisturefuse is on my list of things-to-buy-but-haven't-gotten-around-to-it. It sucks that the beauty supply places are selling a knockoff version. I never paid much attention to warnings on shampoo and conditioner labels that such-and-such product is only sold by licensed beauticians, implying that if you buy it from anyone except a beautician you can be taken for a ride. Wow, I guess I'll pay more attention to that now. It makes you wonder what other products lines play the bait and switch game.

BTW, where is the salon that Free2beme went to? I'd love to know for future reference.

Hey Kitkat,

The name of the salon is Salon Cecelia and it on 265 W 23rd St. b/w 7th & 8th Ave.

HEYY that's it. That's the name of the place I was trying to think of...

Trade Secret.

Just thought I'd add my 2 pence to this...

Just got off the phone to Mizani (1877-726-3624) and I spoke with 'Cathy'. You aren't buying knock-offs. The reason the labeling has changed is because when Mizani was transferred over to L'Oreal, the labeling had to comply with the E.U. 7th amendment act, which means that the labeling had to uniform on products. So if they were to sell it to customers like me in London, the labels had to be exactly the same as the labels they are selling here in the states.
So now, the products are listed in order of % composition and also listed by their chemical names.
Hope this helps...

Back