Mixtresses what have you made lately?

murumuru, shea, tucuma and some oils. it's harder butter but melts easily when i scrape it out. makes my skin and hair silky! i had the murumuru and tucuma lying around and wanted to get rid of it.

Moisturizing leave in with WGO and Kokum Butter; Unpetroleum Jelly with Brazil Nut and JBCO in different fragrances and lotion with Coco Butter and Aloe Vera:)

I made a mixture of Murumuru, shea and JBCO. Moisturizes great and gives great shine.:yep:
I just ordered murumuru today from camdengrey.com
Please share a site that has great butters with a nice price. :grin:
lotioncrafter.com (There's a 5% LHCF discount) - Both of their shea butters are cheap (Parkii and Nilotica - both are certified organic). Shipping is reasonable and fast. Also, you earn points every time you shop. Just placed an order with them 2 wks ago to re-stock oils, SAA, Nilotica shea, hyrdrolyzed wheat protein, etc.

camdengrey.com - Has a variety of butters. Shipping is fast and they have a rewards-points program, too.

Please share a site that has great butters with a nice price. :grin:
BrambleBerry.com has good pricing but their shipping can be high (at least for me since they are in Washington and I am in Missouri) but if you are closer it is good priced and good quality.

Also their are some suppliers on Etsy.com who have good pricing

I just made a mix of shea butter and coconut oil with grapefruit and ylang ylang EO. I wish I had measured. The consistency was perfect this time.

I just made a "whipped" Bentonite clay shampoo:

Bentonite clay
Jane Carter's Revitalizing Leave In (I didn't like it on my hair)
ACV rinse mix (infused with EOs)
distilled water
several pumps of JBCO
several pumps of 100% argan oil

whipped in the mixer. My hair & scalp were clean and nicely clarified.

ETA: Now if one of y'all can help me figure out how to make my own version of Its a 10! leave in conditioner.

Last edited:
a leave in emulsion for hair, with murumuru butter and sapote oil.
I added melon aromatic extract... it smells heavenly with the almond notes of sapote oil :spinning:

mango butter whipper with coconut oil and a little safflower oil without heat. I didn't need essential oils as the mango + coconut smell amazing together, yum yum. I whipped and added the oils until it was a "foamy cream" and I used it as a body butter and hair butter after the shower.

Yesterday I added a tablespoon of the "foam" to my flaxseed gel and whipped. Today my braidout is very moisturized and shiny.

A Bangin Leave In:)

Moisturizer Remixed: distilled water, Macademia Nut Oil, AVJ, Monoi De Tahiti Oil, Olive Squalene, Lecithin, Walnut Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance Oil (Strawberry), Lactic Acid, Silk Amino Acids, Germall Plus

Sitting under the dryer with this concoction:

Renpure Organic Condish
Emu Oil
Safflower Oil
Walnut Oil
Coconut Milk
Honey
Yogurt
Squeeze of Lemon Juice

It's wonderfully moisturizing and makes my curls clump big-time without having to use any other products. All I have to do is set the last few inches on rods. It's impossible to tell that I'm not all-natural when I do this!

Cupuacu Lotion: Distilled Water, Cupuacu Butter, Rice Bran Oil, Argan Oil, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Monio De Tahiti Oil, Avocado Oil, Glycerin, Frangrance (Mango and Kiwi), Liquid Germall Plus

OMG this stuff is the bomb diggity:) I slathered it on after my post-work hair rinsing and my hair is incredibly soft right now:) I got the idea from this thread:) http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=554377

I made Cipriani's Love Potion #9 , but I added Emu oil, Rice bran oil, thyme e.o. and cedarwood e.o. Used JBCO xtra Dark(from Sunny Isle) instead of regular. Vitamin E was added as well. The original recipe can be found on www.urbanbushbabes.com

coco-hot chocolate deep conditioning/pre poo:
slightly warm coconut milk (the half, fatter top of the can, taken out with a spoon), cocoa powder (makes my hair crazy shiny, apparently has sulfur and antioxidants and I believe it adds a nice hue) and some coconut or olive oil. The smell was amazing.

coco-hot chocolate deep conditioning/pre poo:
slightly warm coconut milk (the half, fatter top of the can, taken out with a spoon), cocoa powder (makes my hair crazy shiny, apparently has sulfur and antioxidants and I believe it adds a nice hue) and some coconut or olive oil. The smell was amazing.

Are you kidding me? That sounds heavenly!!!! :lick:

I mixed avocado oil, coconut oil, conditioner, water, and amla and made myself a nice treatment for my hair. The PH Balance was 5 so I made sure to deep condition afterwards.

Are you kidding me? That sounds heavenly!!!! :lick:

I confess I was about to drink it, but this week I kept buying avocados for an avocado treatment and eating them, so I was tired of going back to the supermarket :lol: I am fatter than last week but at least my hair is now deep conditioned.

Last edited:
Made my own whipped shea w/ organic coconut oil and vitamin E, and added a dash of tea tree oil and green tea fragrance. It has a nice subtle scent and I use it on both hair and body.

my attempt at a conditioning shampoo using Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree as a base. just added about
- 2oz honeyquat
- 0.5oz SAA
- 1oz argan oil (i don't really know what to do w/ the argan...)
- 3oz castille soap
- 3oz water (not distilled, too lazy... will try it next time)
- TOO MUCH peppermint EO. my forehead was burning like crazy. LOL!

A Bangin Leave In:)

Moisturizer Remixed: distilled water, Macademia Nut Oil, AVJ, Monoi De Tahiti Oil, Olive Squalene, Lecithin, Walnut Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance Oil (Strawberry), Lactic Acid, Silk Amino Acids, Germall Plus

Hi,

Where do you purchase lactic acid from and what does it do for hair??

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Hi,

Where do you purchase lactic acid from and what does it do for hair??

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

I can't tell u where to get the lactic acid from until I get home late tonight but I use it to help with absorption. It has help especially bc of my low poriosity(that is when stuff doesn't really absorb and sits on top right? Sometimes I get these terms mixed up:))

Lavender flax gel. I took some Evian water, threw in many flax seeds (many many as I wanted it concentrated), a couple of tablespoons of dried lavender, made my flax gel and tweaked the ph to 5 with some raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It smells amazing, much more floral than lavender essential oil.

Applied a lot of it on dry hair to make a braided bun and sealed the whole length with my whipped mango butter. My hair was ultra dry today and this reactivated the leave in conditioner and really moisturized and smoothed it.

Lactic Acid http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4019956/3791783.htm

How does it work?
Alpha-hydroxy acids are naturally occurring acids. Lactic acid is derived from the
fermentation of sour milk. This acid helps to dissolve the "glue" that holds the
keratinized skin cells together and increases cell exfoliation and replacement. Lactic acid
is a natural humectant, which holds water in the upper layers of the skin increasing the
skins moisture.

READ THIS BEFORE EXPERIMENTING:)
http://www.gardenofwisdom.shoppingcartsplus.com/f/Lactic.pdf

I generally use this in items that I want to use on skin and hair:)

Back