Mixtresses: What Carrier Oils do you Like Using for Your Oil Infusions?

What Carrier Oils do You Prefer (You can choose more than one)

• Coconut Oil

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Olive Oil

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Sesame Oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avocado Oil

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Some Other Kind of Oil (explain)

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Cool concept, but I prefer buying my oils already infused

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Muffin*

Just for fun, what oils do you use to infuse your herbs, and how do you use your oils (prepoos, scalp massages, etc...)?

I infuse my herbs with jojoba because it's so close to our own sebaceous glands. Plus it dissolves if not needed.

I used to use olive oil. But now i use regular Castor oil with a few drops of tea tree and peppermint oil for my dry flaky scalp. I've only used this for about 2 weeks and so far so good. I would like too use my coconut oil that i bought recently but it's so cold it won't even melt in my hands.

I guess I may as well contribute, lol. So far I've made herbal infusions using both coconut oil and safflower oil. My hair agrees better with coconut oil, but i hate that it solidifies in cold weather, so I was thinking about using a blend of coconut oil and something else, but actually infusing my oil in the alternate oil I've chosen. As for right now, I'll be using my infused coconut and safflower oils (I infused them with Brahmi, Amla, and hibiscus) as prepoos before washing with my ayurvedic teas.

I usually do a mixture of coconut, olive and castor oils. I also add a little bit of more expensive oils sometimes, such as emu or camellia, depending on if I use it for scalp only or hot oil treatments for hair.

Back