Mixing Grease with Water

vtoodler

My hair is extremely dry although I put tons of grease in it. And I have learned on this forum that the reason this is so is because hair needs MOISTURE not ONLY grease.

So, I mixed my grease with water until it became really creamy. (It took a lot of mixing to do this)

I applied this mixture to my hair, and 10 hrs later, my hair still looks and feels fantastic. Although I used a lot of this creamy mixture, my hair just soaked it all up and it's not greasy at all.

So, I'm curious about whether anyone on here has ever mixed grease with water until it became creamy? How did that work for you?

My hair is extremely dry although I put tons of grease in it. And I have learned on this forum that the reason this is so is because hair needs MOISTURE not ONLY grease.

So, I mixed my grease with water until it became really creamy. (It took a lot of mixing to do this)

I applied this mixture to my hair, and 10 hrs later, my hair still looks and feels fantastic. Although I used a lot of this creamy mixture, my hair just soaked it all up and it's not greasy at all.

So, I'm curious about whether anyone on here has ever mixed grease with water until it became creamy? How did that work for you?

I just visited your other thread about regimens and I was just going to ask you what do you do with grease?? :spinning: Now I know!

I'm glad it works for you but I'm staying clear from it. I have mad memories of my mom greasing my scalp and my hair NEVER grew! I just use oils now. I'll be looking to see who else uses this and how...:yep:

Hi!

I am sure the experts will jump in soon and give you an answer!

I know each person's hair is different but I don't see how mixing grease and water would work well. Would the water/moisture trapped in the grease really get to your hair? I am not sure.

Your hair may not like water-based moisturizers (I know mine doesn't) so maybe you could try butters or other oils.

Maybe you should give oils a try and see if it works better for you eg coconut oil, or castor oil...:yep:

Just a thought. I hope the other ladies come in and help!

What you did sounds like someone taking oil, and mixing it with water. If I was you I would not use grease as my moisturizer. You can use grease as a sealer on top of a moisturizer. I have the same problem with extremely dry scalp in the winter. I just been co-washing more, and mixing all of my water based moisturizers and conditioners with olive oil, or coconut oil. I also use s-curl on my NG and that helps with dryness too.

I've never mixed grease with water... but I remember when I was a young girl my mom use to wet my natural hair with water and apply grease and brush it. My curls and waves use to pop! and my hair was hella soft and long. When I got older (teens) I wanted a relaxer to have straight hair like all the other girls.. mom gave in and let me get a relaxer because she got tired of hearing my mouth:lachen:... hair broke off because it was too fine for a relaxer and I didn't know how to take care of it...now I'm back natural (2 years in July 09) and rocking my curls and waves and my hair is healthy, thick and growing long... I'm right at the edge of APL.

ETA: I washed and DC this weekend and I actually put a little Shea Moisture Herbal Pomade on my hair after I applied my leave in and my hair looks and feels soft and moisturized.

Last edited:
I remeber in the 6th grade I received this "tip" from a class mate, whose ponytail always looked shiny and silky.

Broke all my hair off, and I was pretty much bald by the next grade... Never again!

I used to do this. I'd put a dollop of grease in my palm, add a few spritzes of water, emulsify and apply to my hair. I didn't notice anything good or bad about this - it just coated my hair until the next wash.

my daddy used to do my hair like this when i was young... it was long and healthy but greasy.. lol.. i hope it works for you

When I do use this combination I wet my hair first then applied the hair grease. I use this when my hair is extremely dry and nothing else is working to moisturize my hair.

Back