MixedChicks Hair Products

producjunki

:grin::rolleyes: Hello! Has anyone tried a line of haircare products called MixedChicks? I just happened to stumble across their site at www.mixedchicks.net and saw testimonials and before/after pictures of people who've used their products, and I liked what I saw. If you have used their products, could you let me know? Thanx! Also could you let me know if their products have any sulfates in it? I use only natural products for my hair:grin:

If the search feature is working you can find many threads on this but here goes"

Me-4 something hair--not so good..left hair gummy and stiff

daughter 3 something hair- O.K. but still a bit of stiffness. The good news is that their is less shrinkage...the bad news is that by keeping the length it employes a product that makes hair stiff.

I ran up to get the products out of bathroom which all containers are 3/4 full.

Ingredients

Shampoo: Water Ammonium lauryl sulfate, teal lauryl sulfate, cocamide MEA, glycol Diserate, panthenol, avocado oil, silk amino acids, hydrolyzed soy protein , ginger extract, mallow extract, boraage seed oil, cinnimidopropyl trimonium chloride,.....

deep conditioner: water cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, decetyldimonium chloride, octamethylcycloteraxiloxane, isoprohyl alcohol, safflower oil, cetrimonium chloride,.....

leave in conditioner:water, glycerin amodimethicone, Emulsifying Wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein/pvp crosspolymer, stearalkonium chloride, methylgluceth-20, hydroxpropyl trimonium chloride, octyl methoxycinnamate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, jojoba oil, safflower oil, primrose oil....

As for being "natural", I don't think so, but I flunked chemistry! Well never noticed before but WAX is the third ingredient in the leave-in.

I've only tried the leave-in conditioner. I like it. It leaves my hair really curly and defined. Sometimes my hair feels kind of dry, but other times it feels nice and soft. I only use in on wet hair and after washing or co-washing. The smell is very weird though. I can't describe it. Also, it is like a leave-in conditioner and styler all in one.

I've tried it before, it was ok, but something in it broke me out, so I gave it away. Also I think I still needed to mix it with a heavier product to get the results I wanted. It has parabens, so if you're doing all natural products, you will want to avoid this.

I didnt see the ingredient list on their site. Here are the ingredients as listed on naturallycurly.coms website:

Ingredients: Water, glycerin, amodimethicone, emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein,/pvp crosspolymer, methylgluceth-20, hydroxypropyl trimonium choloride, octyl methoxycinnamate, hydroxyethyl celloluse, jojoba oil, safflower oil, primrose oil, wheat amino acid, crosilk, hydrolyzed collagen (marine), phenoxyethanel, methylparaben, proplyparaben, butylparaben, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #5, fragrance

My roomate who is a natural 4a/4b uses this stuff loves it. This is all she talks about. And from what I see it really helps define her curls.

Emulsifying Was is not harmful - it just allows oils and waters to mix together without seperating...

I love the shampoo and conditioner. The sample leave-in left my hair really dry so I never purchased the full-size. The conditioner really helps with curl definition and the shampoo is not drying at all. It will probably replace my other shampoos. Next time I order I'll have to get at least 2 jars of conditoner, there is not much in there.

I tried them. I had a giveaway a few months back on '07. I still might have a pack if you want it.

I wasn't crazy about the shampoo, although it wasn't really bad. i loved the deep conditioner and the leave-in. If you're relaxed, used the leave-in on your DRY hair so it won't clump your hair together like gel.

Okay ladies! thanx for all of the replies! I really appreciated it! now, how about Kinky-Curly hair care products? Anyone try any of those? if so, could you let me know how they worked for you, and if they are apart of your daily regimen, thanx! I gladly appreciate it!

Back