Miss*Tress ? about the Meera Herbal Hair Oil you have pictured in your siggie.

HoneyDew

Hey girl. I could not help but notice that oil because I got a bottle of that free from and eBay seller in India that I get my Turmeric cream from.

I was sooo excited when I got it because it is so unique. Is yours the one with the tube of herbs soaking in the oil?

2006033000290404.jpg

If so, that is the one I got and I tried. It was kinda watery to me, but I was not too bothered by that.

What bothered me was this: I was away from a week on business and left it in my medicine cabinet. I had just opened it a few days before I left.

When I got back, I opened my medicine cabinet and was like :blush: :perplexed.

The entire herb tube was covered and looked attacked by some white hairy mold looking stuff. Kinda like the green mold you can get on old food in the fridge, but it was white!!

I was scared to used it again! Has that ever happened to you!? Maybe mine was just old. :look: Maybe that is why she gave it to me free! :ohwell:

That's the one, HoneyDew. I put some in my henna mix with amla powder and got great results. My hair wasn't even dry from the henna the way it usually is.

I notice that the coconut oil forms beads when it gets cold, but I haven't seen any mould in the bottle...yet. That's kind of scary actually. I'm going to check when I get home. :shocked:

That bottle in your post is a "new" one - I got one on Saturday. Earlier this year I bought some with a more old-fashioned label.

bmeeraherbalhairoil.jpg

In the meantime, the Indian grocer jacked up the price by almost $1. The price of progress, I guess.

Maybe those were just the beads or coconut oil. I did not even think of that. I mean, I was away and had my heat turned off in the house the entire time. I bet that's what it was.

A few days later there was less of the white stuff in there, but still a little. My bathroom gets really cold anyway. I feel silly now! :lachen:

:lachen: You should have seen my face.

That's the one, HoneyDew. I put some in my henna mix with amla powder and got great results. My hair wasn't even dry from the henna the way it usually is.

I notice that the coconut oil forms beads when it gets cold, but I haven't seen any mould in the bottle...yet. That's kind of scary actually. I'm going to check when I get home. :shocked:

That bottle in your post is a "new" one - I got one on Saturday. Earlier this year I bought some with a more old-fashioned label.

bmeeraherbalhairoil.jpg

In the meantime, the Indian grocer jacked up the price by almost $1. The price of progress, I guess.
i bought something similar when i went to the indian grocer on saturday but i dont know the name...i just picked it up , looked at it and went...ummmm this looks good/unique...so i tossed in my cart....PJ i tell ya:lachen:i gotta check the name when i get home....

No. I threw it out a first, but went in there to get it out! :lachen: No need to be hasty! :grin:
Too right. :grin: Just hold it under hot water and those beads should melt. This oil is more liquid than Vatika.

scarcity21, if you like coconut oil, you'll like this. It's great for overnight treatment when you're on your own; the smell might be too herbal for others.

Too right. :grin: Just hold it under hot water and those beads should melt. This oil is more liquid than Vatika.

scarcity21, if you like coconut oil, you'll like this. It's great for overnight treatment when you're on your own; the smell might be too herbal for others.
Thanks Miss*tress, the one i bought is actually called "Nyle herbal oil". this is what it looks like
http://public.fotki.com/scarcity21-2/ayurvedic-products/ayurvedic/1000375.html
i gotta see if it has coconut oil in it

Thanks Miss*tress, the one i bought is actually called "Nyle herbal oil". this is what it looks like
http://public.fotki.com/scarcity21-2/ayurvedic-products/ayurvedic/1000375.html
i gotta see if it has coconut oil in it

I bought the Nyle Oil over the weekend. It smells like curry chicken to me but the lady in the Indian market said it was really good. It was cloudy and looked moldy when I first purchased it but it was in a cold area in the market so I attributed the appearance to the weather. When I brought it home into the heat, the appearance cleared up.

I'm going to try it as an overnight treatment as someone recommended. :yep:

ETA: And it does have coconut oil in it.

Not to hijack the thread but I have a related question:

What is mustard seed oil used for? I saw some in the market, next to the Nyle Herbal Hair Oil, but I didn't purchase it because I didn't know the benefits/uses?

I bought the Nyle Oil over the weekend. It smells like curry chicken to me but the lady in the Indian market said it was really good. It was cloudy and looked moldy when I first purchased it but it was in a cold area in the market so I attributed the appearance to the weather. When I brought it home into the heat, the appearance cleared up.

I'm going to try it as an overnight treatment as someone recommended. :yep:

ETA: And it does have coconut oil in it.
kool....it kinda makes sense since it was cloudy when u got but cleared up @ home(room Temp) ...i guess coconut oil has a tendency to do that.

What's the ingredients?
Suspended in every bottle of Meera Herbal Oil is a transparent cylinder filled with a blend of five essentials herbs. Amla, Hibiscus, Khus-Khus, Henna and Methi, herbs that continuously nourish the oil with their inherent goodness. The natural qualities of coconut oil, together with the benefits of each individual herb give you that special care your mother gave your hair.

Amla (Phyllanthus emblica):
The fruit of this deciduous tree with greenish yellow flowers is well known for its ability to encourage hair growth, while preventing premature grey hair.

Henna (Lawsonia inermis):
The fragant flowers and roots of this deciduous shrub possess properties that add to the shine and lustre of hair.

Methi (Trigonella foenumgraecum):
This aromatic herb from Kashmir and the upper Gangetic plains, has long been used for its hair conditioning, and antibacterial properties that prevent infections of the scalp and act as a coolant.

Khus-Khus (Vetivera Zizaniodes):
A perennial grass grown throughout India, the roots of this herb rid the hair of dandruff, while preventing itchiness and irritation.

Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis):
Famous for its vibrant showy flowers, this woody shrub softens, regenerates and strengthens hair. It is a tonic for the hair, adding body and bounce.

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread but I have a related question:

What is mustard seed oil used for? I saw some in the market, next to the Nyle Herbal Hair Oil, but I didn't purchase it because I didn't know the benefits/uses?
I'd love to know too and how best to use it.

I've never seen that one in the shops. Do tell us what's in it and how it smells too.
coconut oil,gingelly oil, mineral oil,extract prepared from vetiveria zizanioides,amla fruit, hibiscus flowers,henna leaf,eclipta alba,nochi leaf,avuri leaf,fenugreek, rosemary oil and BHT.
herbs in cylinder: amla,henna,hibiscus,fenugreek and vetiver

doesnt smell bad...little curry smell but not overwhelming at all

MissTress and all the ladies of this thread you made me buy that oil:grin:
............ now what do u suggest me to do with it :look:
ps(i don't henna my hair)

MissTress and all the ladies of this thread you made me buy that oil:grin:
............ now what do u suggest me to do with it :look:
ps(i don't henna my hair)
I saturate my hair with it before I go to bed. Then next day, wash it out. It makes my hair feel really soft, especially the back which really needs it as it tends to be rough.

If you did henna, it would be great added to your mixture.

I don't use it for daily care because people around me might not like the herbal smell.

Back