Miss Jessie's tips?

Leeda.the.Paladin

I'm about to try Miss Jessie's for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting good results? If this works well I'm not planning on using it all the time, maybe once every 2 weeks or so since I don't really like the ingredients. I have the curly buttercreme and the pudding. I am deep conditioning overnight and plan to apply it in the morning. Any tips would be appreciated :)

I haven't used the new formulation of the curly pudding yet--but I do use the curly meringue. I always apply leave-in conditioner first. I would start off with a small amount of product--maybe slightly more than a quarter size (you may have to experiment with what works for you) , rub it together in your hand and apply from root to tip in sections---just try not to use to much product because it may flake and take forever to dry. Sometimes I comb the product through--only when my hair is soaking wet and well conditioned.

HTH

I tried it and did'nt like it, but I would suggest getting good coverage.
Make sure you get it in all sections from root to tip.

i dont want to scare you because everyone is different. but i used the curly pudding (purple stuff) and it burned. my head was on fire :nono:. my hair broke off really back. three years and still growing it back on the one side it burned on. i'm natural by the way.

FocusLady--sorry to hear about that. I used the original formulation--never had a bad experience. I just thought the CM was better and have been using it ever since.
I don't know what ingredient would have caused that reaction.

My BFF gave me hers because she did not like it. (She is natural) I used the purple one and braid set my hair and loved the outcome. Now she also gave me a yellow one and it made my hair hard and I could not wait to wash it. Now my mom (natural) loved the purple. she just combed it through and let it airdry. I told her we would do some twisties and other styles I saw on the website. She had used many products (scurl, carefree, wetandwavy) but she is loving the purple miss jessie.:yep:

Back