Miss Jessie's is coming to Target

I am so proud of the sisters. They came a long way. This is an inspiration I'm sure to alot of natural hair care product lines just coming out now. Alot of these companies started in their kitchens and look at some of them now.

I am happy for them. I remember when they were just Curve salon and first starting out and blew up on NC.com many moons ago. Now look at them in Target! Whether you like their products or not you cannot really knock their hustle and all the hard work and falling down and getting up they had to do...now they have national distribution in Target. This is huge and worthy of congratulations.

Yup, I used to go to them when they were located in downtown Brooklyn, then when they moved into the brownstone.

Can anyone answer my question about these products?

What's the difference between them and Kinky Curly? Which is better?

well, kinky curly is more natural. you won't need to clarify when using kccc, and it's something you can use back to back. i find the miss jessies is nice to use SOMETIMES when i want to be lazy but if you use it all of the time you risk making your hair dry.

also, the miss jessies is filled with long chemical names that you need to say in your head before trying to pronounce lol but it's no worse than drugstore stuff

Chile puleese! Lol They will not be lower their prices. They are simply going to make it easier for folks to get a hold of that stuff. They have a customer base that obviously don't mind paying their price.
I just hope they keep that Bogo Sale every December. Lol. I was shocked the Bogo Sale was in salons this year.

Very true. Target carried Philosophy and the prices have not changed. I also doubt that they will honor the buy one get one.

When I was a nappyhead, I LOVED their products. I remember traveling to Brooklyn just to purchase the butter cremes. I wonder how they'll work on my NG now.

One big difference for me...... MINERAL OIL.... vs... natural ingredients.
I have used both products.....Buttercreme is easier to apply, while KK custard needs just the right application to work well for me....

I was just about to start a thread about this. I just got the email. Apparently their facebook friends have known for a while. LOL.

I am glad to see Black owned products getting distribution like this. It is great whether I personally decide to use it or not.

Too bad it not at my local Target. Not that I would ever buy it since I don't mess with mineral oil but I've always wanted to smell it. Youtube reviews of it be having me fiending for a sniff.

I only use the curly pudding. I find it helps to hold my twist out together. and it smells really good. i was worried about the mineral oil in the product. i have used it once a week for the past month, and i have had no compliants. my relaxed hair (i am transitioning, 14 months post) tend to dry out terribly after about 3 days if i do a twist out, not as a result of the CP though because it was doing that before I even started using. I cant figure out why though, guess its just time to cut.

Can someone describe the consistency of Curly Pudding? Is it more of a creme or a gel? Also, which product is best for twist outs?

Too bad it not at my local Target. Not that I would ever buy it since I don't mess with mineral oil but I've always wanted to smell it. Youtube reviews of it be having me fiending for a sniff.

:spinning::lol:

Can someone describe the consistency of Curly Pudding? Is it more of a creme or a gel? Also, which product is best for twist outs?

hhmm.. its not a gel base, but not a but i would call it a creme either. its a very thick consistency. this is the only product that i have ever used on my twist outs and i get good results. I know Gabanna girl (my hair idol) uses it as well. and it does not leave my hair hard or stick or anything, it give the perfect hold. i can also tell it works good on my natural hair. as soon as i put it on, my curls pop

They had better come w/ some Target pricing too :rolleyes:

I agree ....and sub some of the ingredients for better ones too

It's at the "black" Targets, because it is a product for African Americans. It makes perfect business sense...supply and demand. I live in a "white" community and I don't even have a BSS in my town.

(Remembering my mini roads trips 10 years ago to the "black" neighborhood just to get braids and products for my hair. :yawn:)

Wish Oyin was in more stores in S.Cali - will have to look on their site...

Last edited:

its basically a thick cream like gel. sort of like afroveda whipped gelly.
anyway i havent used the curly pudding in a while but i lve love love the curly meringue. it makes for great twists and has a softer hold than the pudding.

five days and counting! i looooove the curly pudding and baby buttercreme. they shout me out on twitter every once in a while for being a fan </groupie>

hopefully that comes with a discount!!!! LOL....but seriously, i can't wait to get it right down the street! side note, the targets in this area aren't necessarily black...

Over Priced crap!!!!......they are rip-off artist trust me!!!!....and their product leaves a film on your hair!!!!

dang.........:perplexed

Well, I already use products with mineral oil...maybe that is what causes the film?

People seem to like the baby buttercreme.

I have miss jessies in my hair right now with no complaints. As long as they keep their BOGO around Christmas I don't have boo to say.

for some reason nothing about these products seem thrilling..like it's all just a gimmic.. when I first became natural I wanted to try em cause I couldn't figure out how to get definition.. however..after realizing..that all ya need is water and gel .... umm miss jessie who? but hey...that's good that their launching on a national bases..:yep: for all of those who love miss jessies.. I know they are HAPPY

I wouldn't say gimmick, because for me the curly pudding and gel, yes both give definition but after 2-3 days I have to wash my hair again and with the cp I can go a week, which may is great for me because I really don't have the luxury of time to do my hair every few days. Plus it does what it says it will do, on my hair at least. I've been using it since...oh man 2001 or so and it works for me.

It's not like that for everyone though, but that's anything.

Back