Miss Jessies Curly Pudding - Not Impressed

kbragg

Well, I'm glad I only got the 2oz size! WHat I do like about the product is the scent! It smells heavenly! I was disapointed however with the results. I first attempted a "shake & go" with just moderate product amount and it gave me no curl definition. Then I attemped shingling which came out "ok" I suppose but I used dang near the whole jar on my head! I got a waaay better curly look by just cowashing with HE Totally twisted, adding a little HE TT after rinsing, then squeezing dry, adding a palm sized amount of BB Setting lotion follow by a paml sized amount of Fantasia IC (clear gel). That combo made my curls POP!:lick: I took a pic but my batteries died and I lost the pics:wallbash: That's what I get for not uploading immediately, but needless to say it's been the first time I actually LIKED how my hair looked. So right now I'm setting here with almost a 2oz jar of curly pudding in my head:mad:

I will try the baby butter creme and quick curls for my wash and go, but for the price, I think I'm better off sticking with the el cheapo stuff for now:grin:

I'm itiching to try the Curling Custard from Kinky Curly. Darn this PJism!:wallbash:

You know I tried Curls Souffle and Goddess Glaze and they did not work for me. My hair is 3-ish, natural and I was looking for something to help out with curl definition and frizz. Just like you, what has worked best for me is Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted conditioner and then I seal with Nourish and Shine. The pic in my advatar is from using just that and was taken towards the end on of a hot L.A. day. Before it would have been an afro puff but the TT kept the frizzies in check!

You know I tried Curls Souffle and Goddess Glaze and they did not work for me. My hair is 3-ish, natural and I was looking for something to help out with curl definition and frizz. Just like you, what has worked best for me is Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted conditioner and then I seal with Nourish and Shine. The pic in my advatar is from using just that and was taken towards the end on of a hot L.A. day. Before it would have been an afro puff but the TT kept the frizzies in check!

Yup, the more time passes the less curl I have:( It's turning into a frizzy afro puff right now:nono: Nothing wrong with that, it's just not the look I want at this length:nono:

That's good to know. I have the curly merengue but I wasn't too impressed. I'll try the HE TT though - I never even thought of using that one!

I liked this when it first came out 4 years ago. It was also $28. You need to use A LOT of product to get the look you need, but it takes hours to dry. I stopped purchasing due to shipping costs and the price jumped to $38 or $48 (can't remember now). Wasn't worth it and my HG quest for cheaper, but CONSISTENT products continued.

From what I've been hearing the new formulation isn't good.

I bought it back in December and except for one miracle good hair day, it did nothing for me. The buttercreme smells like peppermint candy (not in a good way) and mixed in with the curly custard I smelled like a freakin candy store LOL It was horrible. I eventually gave away the curly custard and the buttercreme is somewhere collecting dust in my drawer. What a waste of my money.

I am actually trying this now. i am deep condish then imma go ahead and put in the curly pudding. its my roommates she is nice enough to let me use it b4 i spend money on it.

i am 3c-4a'ish

i will repost and let everyone know the results.

i just wanted to note i used this on my hair today its not bad...

it did define my curls though it didnt lengthen them like it claims. not sure if i didnt use enough product but overall i would say this is a good look for wash and go's for me. not for sure if i will purchase i tried it without really styling to see if it is something i would like to try more with and i must admit i would.

attached is a kinda bad quality pic of my dry hair
Photo208-vi.jpg

Back