Miss Jessie vs Kinky Curly which do u like best?

SimplyBlessed

Hey ladies...for some reason (maybe b/c they are all at my local target now :lol:) I've been looking at the Miss Jessie line...

I tried KCCC in the past but did not like the results (maybe b/c I didnt use it with the knot today)...my daughter's hair loves it though

I was kinda looking at Miss Jessie's b/c there's more selection and I like big hair and diffusing with their products actually makes the style look better from what I have seen...

So which line do u like better and why?
If its Miss Jessie's which product out of that line do u like?

I know Miss Jessie's products have mineral oil, but I dont think that will be a problem....Thanks!!

I prefer the kccc bcuz I can shingle it in or use it to set twist-outs etc. Miss Jessies works best with twist outs and bcuz it has cones a lot of people complain about build-up. From MJ i have the curly pudding and curly meringue. Of the two, I like the meringue for twist-outs/braid-outs and the pudding works better for shingling. Just depends on what look you are going for!

I prefer KCCC. With KCCC, a little goes a long way. I also like that you can mix it with just about any conditioner. Miss Jessies, (said In Living Color - Men on Films voice) HATED IT!!!!! I tried the buttercreme. The smell is awful. I gave some to a few of coworkers to try. My coworker has a 6 yr. old. The little told her mommy not to use Miss Jessie anymore because the kids at school kept saying she smelled funny.

Besides the smell, I thought Miss Jessie's was ridiculously over priced. Mind you I bought it during the BOGO sale. Cheap ingredients that did nothing special to my hair.

I like KCCC but unfortunately I never get consistent results with it...I get better wash n goes with Eco Style Gel. Right now im saving my jar for when my hair gets a lil longer...

I used to really dislike Miss Jessies Curly Pudding, wasted a huge jar of it way before my HHJ, but it turned out that I used it the wrong way...My hair likes the pudding, but loves the Curly Meringue...

It seem like my hair loves creamier products.

So based on my experience with each of the products, I have to say Miss Jessies, even though I dont like the prices...

Thanks ladies....as far as Miss Jessie's I've been looking at the lighter products like quick curls or the silkening creme...something with light hold but that can elongate the curls a little....

I may try the KCCC again...I dont wear my hair out much and since I'm starting to I like to wear it big...lol the KCCC just seemed blah...idk

Miss Jessie's is $$ but KCCC is $$ as well, esp IF U MUST use the knot today to get the best results...although KCCC does have a cheaper smaller jar for $16 now....

Last edited:
Now that I have tried the KCCC system, definitely KCCC >>> MJC. I think Miss Jessie's has slick marketing and was the scene early, but the KCCC system works very well for my 4a/b CNapps--especially now that I know to use the entire line, not just the KCCC solo.

I just used the knot today, and I love it because I did not have to use a lot. I parted my wet hair into 4 and applied about dime size to each section. I am a transitioning and past a year so I have not tried to wear it natural because of the permed ends, but my friend swears by SheaMoisture products and they are also at Target and the curling butter (don't know the exact name) is $9.99 which is wayyyy cheaper!

Back